We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Rome Port to Positano

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Transfers from Rome Port to Positano

Can anyone recommend a private transfer company to collect 4 adults from the Rome Port to take us to Positano with a tour along the way. Our ship docks at 5am and we are not sure what time we should arrange for the driver to collect us.

It has been suggested to us to take the train the Naples but I'm worried about dealing with heavy suitcases as I don't know if there are stairs or escalators to deal with.

Any input would be appreciated.

Sorrento
reviews: 13
1. Re: Transfers from Rome Port to Positano

Your could ask the driver to pick your up at 6.30, from Rome to Naples is about 3 hours or the train to Naples and then the driver.

Check with this company Transferelax, info@transferelax.com and get a quote.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 124
2. Re: Transfers from Rome Port to Positano

Don't waste over 450 euros getting driven from Rome. That's what it will cost you as you have to pay a round trip (an empty car on the way up - you still have to pay). I've taken a car service from Positano to FCO and that cost me 350 euros a year ago. Civitavecchia is further out so you will pay more.

The train Rome-Naples is easy. I've done it with heavy suitcases. It only takes 1 hr 10 minutes with the Trenitalia high speed train. Best alternative is to take this train to Naples and get a car service to pick you up at Napoli Centrale for the trip to Positano which will be 100 euros instead. Much cheaper. Try info@worldtours.it - Amadeo will help you. I use this car service when I am in the area and they are excellent.

3. Re: Transfers from Rome Port to Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 09, 2014