We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife beach bars etc

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 1
nightlife beach bars etc

hi all,

i'm staying in Maiori for a week on in early june..i know amalfi is not known for its nightlife but if we wanna go out a few times, which town has some bars, lounges beach clubs etc?

We're both 30 and looking to check out a few spots. Some peole mentioned Capri but how late does ferry get back to Maiori if we go to capri for nightlife?

Does the nightlife happen during the weekend only or is there bars/lounges to go to during the week?

thanks

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 13
1. Re: nightlife beach bars etc

Positano has a good dance club, Music on the Rocks, and several bars that have music late. There is also the Africana night club in Praiano. But to stay late you would probably need to hire a driver to get you back to Maiori. The ferry to/from Capri does not run in the evening.

New York
reviews: 32
2. Re: nightlife beach bars etc

I was in Positano the first week of June last year and there was no nightlife to speak of. Music on the Rocks was just opening and from what I gathered from the locals it was still empty as it was too early in the season. There was one bar that had a live singer until about 1am, but it was mostly couples relaxing at tables listening. Anything down at the beach was closed by 11:30pm. Btw...I enjoyed it that way which is why I chose to stay there and will be back again this year.

Sorrento has much more to offer as far as bars and pubs, but you would certainly need a car and IMO too far to drive to for a bar.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 13
3. Re: nightlife beach bars etc

Another option might be Salerno - it is a larger town and closer to Maiori.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
reviews: 137
4. Re: nightlife beach bars etc

I don't think the Amalfi Coast is a nightlife kind of place (thank goodness!) - if you want this, then Sorrento or even Naples is a better choice.

5. Re: nightlife beach bars etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 25, 2014