We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

Hi,

I will be taking a bus from Amalfi to Salerno..and then Salerno to Rome by train..however, i need to reserve seats on the train to Rome..but it actually depends on what time i can leave Amalfi..does anyone know what time is the first bus from Amalfi to Salerno and how long the journey will take so i can reserve a good timing that i wont end up missing my train ride..Thanks! :)

Isola d'Ischia...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

For the SITASud bus timetables, look down at the very end of this page....

http://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/index.html

... but note that some may change on or around June 11th !!!

Try this for some help with the codes:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k56…

So, for example, at present, on weekdays (Mon/Sat) the first leaves Amalfi at 05:15, to arrive in Salerno around 06:30 - with a daily service that runs an hour later...

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

For the station, you'll need to get off just before the route's terminus - at the "Piazza Concordia" stop

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help! Just wondering, and also to confirm actually..As i would be taking the bus on a Saturday the 15th June, it means i can look at the G, F and S column right? Since a Saturday is still considered a working day and schooling day as well? :)

Ps, do i buy the tickets on the spot or do i have to buy it like a day earlier or something?

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 17
3. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

On Saturday, June 15, you can take any "G" or "F" bus, but not an "S" bus, because the last school day in the Campania Region this year will be on June 8 (I checked online).

You do not need to purchase the bus ticket in advance. You can purchase it the morning of your trip. However, if taking a very early morning bus, you should buy the ticket the day beforehand, since ticket vendors could be closed before 7 a.m. The ticket must be stamped upon boarding the bus.

Isola d'Ischia...
4. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

Here on Ischia, and elsewhere in Campania, the school term finishes on June 8th - so there probably won't be any "S" buses running by the following week... with the choices down to just any coded "G" and "F"...

I didn't keep a 2012 version, but the one I've got for high-summer 2011 had no extras between 07:15 and 08:00 - just an absence of any with an "S".

Buy tickets before boarding the bus, as I don't think drivers sell them - it will be the 90 minute UnicoCostiera, at €3.80...

www.unicocampania.it/index.php…

And by all means get them a day or two beforehand - they're validated by stamping them in the machine on board the bus... be sure do so, or you risk getting a substantial fare-evasion fine!

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
5. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

You will see the shop selling bus tickets near the lot (by the sea) where all the buses are parked - can't miss it; there's a big sign indicating you can buy the tickets there - they will have the current schedule. I agree - if concerned at all re: timings, pick it up the day before; it is likely you will be close by anyway if down by the seaside. Bus/boats are all in close proximity.

Try to sit on the right side of the bus if you get a seat for the best view.

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

Hi,

Thank you for all your help! Everybody was really helpful..Now i have a train ride from Salerno to Rome~ hehe :)

Isola d'Ischia...
7. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

Watch out to the left after leaving Salerno - as you're likely to pass round the inland side of the volcano. Not amazing, but a view that people usually don't get.... particularly of Monte Somma, which was formed and erupted long before Vesuvius!

Peter

8. Re: Bus from Amalfi to Salerno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 17, 2014