We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 225
need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

hi, browsing the past forum answers on this topic has yielded unclear info. i am staying in positano and would like to hike the path of the gods without paying for a guide if possible. can anyone please give PRECISE information on exactly where i need to leave from in positano, which bus i need to take to amalfi, which bus i need to take to bomerano, etc.? when i get off in amalfi do i need to go somewhere else to catch a bus to bomerano? once i get off at bomerano is it plainly obvious where the path of gods trail starts or how do i find it? it is my first time there and what will be useful is very SPECIFIC information.

thanks!

Naples, Italy
reviews: 25
1. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

hi i have done it without a guide and was very easy.

take the sita bus from positano to amalfi (actually you can get off before amalfi at a bus stop where the other bus will go twords agerola (ask the driver), or if you prefer get to amalfi where you can change

time table from positano to amalfi sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

time table from amalfi to agerola sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5080.pdf

ask the driver where you should get off at bomerano to start the sentiero degli dei.

hope you have a great day

take water and food

the buses will have the name of the direction on the bus (and when you get on the bus ask the driver to confirm direction. buy tickets before getting on usually there is one or 2 bars or tabacchi where you can buy tickets.

http://www.positano.com/en/trekking-and-walks

every body knows this path, so i am sure you will be fine. as you get to bomerano there shoukd be a sign (marked red-white.red ) these are CAI trails

amalficoastweb.com/agerola/…agerola_map.jpg

Las Vegas, Nevada
2. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

WOW. THANK YOU. exactly what i needed to know. you are a saint!

Seattle
reviews: 6
3. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

A guide is definitely not needed. I thought about getting one but once there I found the path very easy to follow. Do print out a map though.

Seattle
reviews: 6
4. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

And here is a nice map. We took the lower path....gorgeous:

http://www.giovis.com/maps/deiA4o.pdf

Las Vegas, Nevada
5. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

thank you wanderlust!

north east
reviews: 1
6. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

Hello could u please help I am travelling from Nice on 14th may I have 7 days to get from Nice to Pisa travelling by train . Does anyone know the best places to visit along this coastline. It would be great if you could spare a little of your time to help out. We are 2 70year olds and the first time we have been to this area and travelled freelance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
7. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

Lolita: where do you wish to go? Are you going to the Amalfi Coast, which is in southern Italy near Naples not near to Pisa or are you wanting to stay around Pisa?

I would strongly recommend you start a new thread with your question because people who have already responded to this one may not click on it again.

You will get more advice/help if you do that.

8. Re: need definitive advice on path of the gods from positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 28, 2014