We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
666 posts
90 reviews
Amalfi

Looking for hotel or B & B on the coastline, ot Amalfi, any ideas or should I be looking elsewhere. All I see are high up in the hills, I can't climb all those steps many times a day. Help would be appreciated

V

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34,192 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Amalfi

Me again. If you can give some idea of what your budget is, that would help. Also - did you get a chance to look at that one link I sent you with info about the area? I see there is a hotel (which I do not personally know) in Minori that looks very accessible - no hills, etc - www.positano.com/en/c/hotel-santa-lucia-2

That site has the capability of putting in your dates and getting available rooms in the region for you to consider.

I'm sure others will have some suggestions but you will be there in high season and rates can be pretty high in the area so a budget will really help people here help you.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
666 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Amalfi

Momcat, to be honest, I don't remember which forum I was on when we spoke refore.

I checked a couple of places, one called L'Antico Conville Hotel with elevator and says int's on the beach. will look at your site asap. Price under 100.00 USD

My concern, which i know we spoke about last year, was getting from the naples airport to Amalfi, personally I would rather go back to Sorrento, but my husband, wants something different.

This is a little off subject, but after all your help last year, thought you would like to know, once I leave amalfi or whereever, i go to Torchiara to stay with the family i found, It's beyond my wildest dreams.

Naples airport to Amalfi, help on September 24, 2013

Salerno back to Naples Port to take SNAV to Palermo, where I found my father's town. on october 1 or 2, 2013. Would love to take a Ferry, but the one Ferry line I found is all in Italian, still can't read it

tHANK YOU SO MUCH

vERONICA

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34,192 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Amalfi

That hotel you found in Amalfi looks really delightful! Good reviews and no stairs apparently to reach it. Be aware of currency exchange rates - you can check www.xe.com - As of today, $100 is about 76 euros but they seem to have doubles for around that price but not sure there 70 euro price is for high season, which is when you will be there but it seems really ideal for what you want. And, for that time of year in Amalfi, their prices are really very good.

I don't understand what you mean when you say your husband wants something different vs returning to Sorrento to get from Naples airport to Amalfi. Different, how? I don't know what you did last year.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
666 posts
90 reviews
4. Re: Amalfi

we stayed in Sorrento, loved it, but went to Positano by Ferry, but somehow all I did was walk uphill, not a great experience, went to Amalfi on same trip, loved it, then, he got annoyed by the ATM, always my fault, and then I went up to Ravello, but really didn;t get to see what I want. I never got to Naples and all the history, maybe, what do you think, it stay somewhere close to Naples, need your help, and go see the sites and before I go to Torchiara, Near Agropoli, I go and see Amalfi once again. Too much, oh, these darn knees keep me from everything, and then if things don;'t go right, he complains then apology, life is funny

I really don't know what he means by different, we will get differnt when we stay with the family i just found.

Thanks Momcat, I appreciate you listening and all your help

Shoalhaven...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
151 reviews
5. Re: Amalfi

Hi Veronica

Your husband sounds like my ex husband - if there was traffic it was my fault, :) If the hotel didn't have the right view it was my fault :) Some men certainly find travel a challenge. Yes, life is funny.

If you are considering Naples, it is fairly flat and should be kind to your knees. There are some nice B&Bs and a hostel down near the port which are budget friendly and accessible. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you some links.

Kathy

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
666 posts
90 reviews
6. Re: Amalfi

Momcat and Kathy

Thanks for understanding Kathy, life is a challenge, I would like the links you have to Naples, I really would like a nice hotel, no B & B unless outside the city and no Hostels. Your help is kind of you and Momcat, looks like I might be changing directions, not sure, still like that hotel in Amalfi, but going back and forth to Naples area doesn't appeal to me.

Need to know if Caserta is worth the trip.

Thank you both

Veronica

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34,192 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Amalfi

I wasn't sure I understood; if it was your intention to spend those nights in Amalfi but travel to Pompei, etc from Amalfi from day trips, I would not personally recommend that as the travel time involved would be significant. I thought that your intention was to plant yourself in Amalfi and just explore Ravello and maybe do a stop by at Positano's beach and then spend a few days in the Naples area to explore the sites you wish to see near there.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Amalfi

That was why my suggestion yesterday was for Vietri sul Mare - from where there are "ordinary" buses and trains that would make visits to " Pompeii, Herculeum, Cascerta " so very much easier...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k64…

Caserta would be a pretty awful journey from Positano or Amalfi, however both the Palace - and there gardens there - are wonderful...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/caserta

Peter

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34,192 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Amalfi

That's an excellent suggestion Peter - makes sense. That is IF I am understanding what she hopes to do with her time in the area. Having easy access to transportation sounds key to her particular situation given her knees - and, from there, they could do a day visit to Amalfi and Ravello (or whichever villages they choose) besides the other sites they wish to see.

On paper, the area kind of looks so innocent in all its beauty but, in reality, it is a real challenge moving around the area especially if one wants to go to a number of different places while there.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
666 posts
90 reviews
10. Re: Amalfi

Momcat and Peter.

Amalfi was my first idea, but I want to see Pompeii, Caserta and that area, besides the beauty of Amalfi, I think I have decided to stay in Naples Best Western Plaza when we get there and see the sites, I have never seen and then visit Amalfi and Ravello by ferry and stay at the hotel I mentioned for one night, you liked it I know that's a lot to do, but only have 3 days,and then get on another ferry to Agropoli where I meet my family.

I know like I want it all, but traveling and carrying luggage is not my husband's favorite thing,

unless I have any changes, I will not bother you both again. Maybe just how to get from one place to the other, but nothing about where to stay.

Thank you both

Veronica