We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amalfi Coast

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
amalfi Coast

We are making 2 stops on the Amalfi coast.

We are stopping in Sorrento/Capri for the day and next in Amalfi/Positano until 4:00PM

What attractions are near each of these ports.

Is it easy to get to Capri at the first stop? Would you explore Sorrento or Capri?

Do we need a tour out of Amalfi or can we explore on our own?

first stop

Destination Expert
for Naples
reviews: 17
1. Re: amalfi Coast

These are two different port days? They're very close together.

From Sorrento I'd go out to Capri. Sorrento doesn't have much interest for me, as it's mostly about the views and shopping. We spent a week there last year and I feel as though we gave it a fair trial, but there's just not much "there" there.

It's easy to get a boat from Sorrento to Capri.

For what it's worth, Sorrento is not on the Amalfi Coast. It's on the north side of the peninsula and the Amalfi Coast is the south side.

Amalfi is quite easy to explore on your own. If you will be there during the high season you can take a ferry to Positano if you want, or a bus to Ravello. If you're really ambitious, you can walk back from Ravello to Amalfi (it's downhill).

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: amalfi Coast

recommend you visit Atrani, a very nice town, 200 m from Amalfi, 3 min walk, I did a tour of the country and a beautiful scenic walk accompanied by a very friendly lady worth every single penny she asked for.. She did not ask for much indeed!!!! ... If you are interested in her services i can give you the information..

Best

3. Re: amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:14 pm, September 23, 2013
Palmerston North...
4. Re: amalfi Coast

I would very much appreciate her contact details - thank you!

5. Re: amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 02, 2014