We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pennsylvania
reviews: 1
Amalfi

Looking for ideas of where to start and what to see. Will be there 8-10 days. Like to walk around towns and eat good food and wine taste. Where should we stay? Going in late july

San Francisco...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Amalfi

OK...how about 4 days in Positano, 2 days on Capri, and 4 days in Sorrento.

canada
reviews: 10
2. Re: Amalfi

Amalfi is the transport hub for boats and buses. Capri is best experienced with overnight stay. Pompeii and Naples are short distances from Sorrento, while Paestum (Greek ruins) is close to Salerno. Also check what sort of program Ravello Music/Art Festival is available at that time.

St. Albans, United...
3. Re: Amalfi

have booked apartment in amalfi town, i intend to fly to naples and get bus down to naples harbour and catch boat to amalfi. can someone advise me if this is good way to travel to amalfi, have done it a number of times to ischia that went well, but is there a different naples port for amalfi.?

Graham D

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
4. Re: Amalfi

It depends on the time of year you travel - I don't think there is a ferry from Naples to Amalfi, but if there is it would likely run on the same schedule as the ferry from Naples to Positano, which in recent years has only run from late July to late August.

reviews: 50
5. Re: Amalfi

I would suggest Pompeii, Positano, Amalfi, Sorrento, and Capri. We stayed at Maison Minervetta in Sorrento and loved it. The views were unbelievable.

6. Re: Amalfi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 28, 2014