We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south africa
reviews: 1
Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

We are planning a walking trip along the Amalfi Coast in 2013. We cannot decide whether to go in lateMay/June or September - which is the more settled weatherwise. Can anyone advise please/

Thanks,

13 replies to this topic
Amalfi
1. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

I would say there would be not much difference weatherwise but you find it a bit quieter in late May early June

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
2. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

Welcome back Gerardo1 :-)

Amalfi
3. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

Grazie :-)

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 28
4. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

Hello,

planning a trip to Amalfi coast in August (around the 20th), any suggestions for sightseeing, restaurants, tours?

Thank you

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
5. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

Where are you staying? It is the most heavily visited month so I am assuming you have already booked your lodging; it will be packed to the rafters - so, whatever you do, between the villages - take the boats/ferries. The buses will be pure misery.

How many days will you be there? I don't now what tours would be good - it is all pretty much about the beaches/sea/beautiful surroundings - some sites - (your guidebook will have those noted). It will be hot hot and hot plus humid, so you may not want to do much of the great hiking in the area.

For that time of year, I'd plan to mostly be relaxing and swimming and taking boat rides.

Why not tell us what you want to do while there as you chose it as a holiday?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
6. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

Hello,

My husband and I want to spend 4 days walking from one part of the Amalfi Coast/Sorrento peninsula to another point. We'll have a total of 10 days in Italy in July 2014, and this is one of the things he asked for in the itinerary. It's our 25th wedding anniversary trip, and during this portion we'd love to walk/hike 6-8 miles/day and stay in quaint towns/lodgings along the way. I'm overwhelmed by the choices so hoping those more familiar can offer suggestions.

Calgary
7. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

Hi there,

We did a self guided walking tour thru One Foot Abroad in early October and the weather was beautiful for hiking. We did have a bit of rain but it didn't last long. WE loved the Amalfi Coast - and the scenery during the hikes was simply amazing!

See my descriptions (2) of our holiday here on the Amalfi Coast Forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187779-i161-k6590…

Hope it helps

Boston...
8. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

We are traveling to the Amalfi Coast in early May next year. My husband and I are avid hikers and would like recommendations of hikes we should take on the Amalfi Coast and on Capri.

Thanks

Richmond, VA
reviews: 13
9. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

My husband and I are also celebrating our anniversary with a walking trip through Amalfi. We book 5 days with Mac's Adventures on the Amalfi In Style Tour. We will stay 3 nights in Amalfi and 2 nights in Positano at 4 star hotels that they arrange. We are going in April of 2014 and can't wait to get there. The web address for this tour company is www.macsadventure.com we have been pleased with their organization and communication so far but as we haven't been there yet I can't give any kind of final recommendation. Looking forward to hearing about your plans.

USA
reviews: 15
10. Re: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour

While on an organized walking trip on the Amalfi coast about 10 years ago I picked up an interesting book at a store in Amalfi town. It's the Sunflower guide "Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast" and it has tons of walking itineraries. I was very impressed and decided to pick it up in case I decided to go back and walk on my own. The Sunflower guides are published in England and the web address on the back of my book is www.sunflowerbooks.co.uk. Even if you decide to go on an organized walk, it might be a nice complement to your trip.

Reply to: Amalfi Coast Walking Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted