We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Naples to Amalfi

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portadown
reviews: 32
Travel from Naples to Amalfi

I was thinking of taking bus from airport to port in Naples - then ferry from Naples to Amalfi - What ferry would you recommend - travelling 26/08/12

9 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

There is no ferry running this season from Naples to Amalfi. You can take the local train (the Circumvesuviana) from the Naples train station to Sorrento from which you can catch the SITA bus to Amalfi. There are just a couple ferries a day from Sorrento to Amalfi - but, I don't know the schedule. There is also a bus that runs from the Naples airport to Sorrento.

Someone else here will likely know the details about the ferries and the bus from Naples airport to Sorrento.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 23
2. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

SOLUTION 1:

SITA airport bus from NAP to Salerno (7 Euros, 65 mins);

NOTE: No service on Sundays; only limited service

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5002.pdf

SITA bus from Salerno-train station to Amalfi (3.60 Euros, 75 mins)

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

SOLUTION 2:

Curreri airport bus from NAP to Sorrento (10 Euros, 70 mins)

www.curreriviaggi.it

SITA bus from Sorrento-Circumvesuviana rail station to Amalfi (7.20 Euros; 100 mins)

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

SOLUTION 3:

Naples Alibus from NAP to Piazza Garibaldi (Napoli Centrale rail station) (3 Euros, 20 mins)'

Trenitalia unreserved regionale train to Salerno (4 Euros; 45 mins);

www.trenitalia.com

SITA bus from Salerno-train station to Amalfi (3.60 Euros; 75 mins)

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

NOTE: There is also the option, between April and October only, to take the Cooperativa Sant'Andrea ferry boat from Salerno-Concordia Dock (800 meters from Salerno train station) direct to Amalfi (8 Euros), which is faster (35 mins), but much less frequent than the SITA bus.

www.coopsantandrea.it

Here
3. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

I'm looking at next May, flying into NAP. So far booked a hotel just outside Amalfi, though may change the booking.

resorthoppa.com is booking transfer services with local operators throughout Europe. I used them in Rome earlier this year.

So on their site, they quote just over 51 pounds for a shared shuttle, estimated time of 90 minutes. Of course, they may make several stops before dropping me off, as well as fill up the shuttle as much as possible at the airport.

Usually the recommendation is to take a car service or to take the buses. Has anyone tried shared shuttles for such a long trip? In big cities, the shared shuttle works well, if you don't want to make too many changes in mode of transportation while towing luggage around.

Sorrento
reviews: 12
4. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

51 pounds per person?

if you are 2 a private car would be around 90,00 so better the private service.

Or are you traveling alone?

Sorrento
5. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

51 pounds per person?

if you are 2 a private car would be around 90,00 so better the private service.

Or are you traveling alone?

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
6. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

I have not taken a shared shuttle and never would for a trip that long. And I don't see how they can say the trip will take 90 minutes from NAP to Amalfi, especially if they are making stops. The only way it would take 90 minutes would be if there was absolutely no traffic and they made no stops.

Another option, depending on the time your flight arrives in NAP, is taxi from NAP to the train station, direct train to Salerno, then ferry to Amalfi.

London, United...
7. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

I'm travelling to Minori in two weeks and thank you for your detailed post - it's very helpful.

I've just had a minor knee operation and walking far may be difficult - how much walking is involved in these options??? The Salerno route looks most practical for us probably.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 178
8. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

Do you have the contact info for recommended private car/shuttle from Naples train station to Amalfi town?

Sorrento
9. Re: Travel from Naples to Amalfi

You can contact transferelax, check reviews on TripAdvisor

Reply to: Travel from Naples to Amalfi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted