We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

My fiancee and I are interested in planning a small civil ceremony (just my parents in attendance) but haven't been to the Amalfi Coast before. Any recommendations for towns? We're looking for something small and beautiful -- any personal experience with a really beautiful civil ceremony location?

(We're also considering having the ceremony in Venice and can't make up our minds between the two locations so if anyone has any experience with that option, please feel free to reply to my post in that forum)

Thanks so much!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 5
1. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

JB I just got married in Positano last month at the Town Hall on the Terrace. If you email me privately I will share details and photos. We planned it all ourselves as it was just the two of us going. My email is mgfit1@hotmail.com. I would be happy to help. It was our dream wedding!

Pienza - Tuscany
reviews: 1
2. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

Amalfi cost is fantastic. Do not miss Furore, a lunch in Amalfi ( restaurant LA Caravella)

a dinner in Don Alfonso ( one of the best italian restaurant ). The nicest hotel in Amalfi cost is "Sirenuse" in Positano, but consider also Ravello. Please do not miss Napoli that is a fascinating city.

Ciao

Andrea

Sunny Isles Beach...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

You've chosen two of the most romantic places I've ever been! It would be difficult for me to choose between Venice and the Amalfi Coast. Palazzo Sasso in Ravello is lovely, as is Le Sirenuse in Positano, and Covo dei Saraceni is right up there too in Positano.

UK
reviews: 2
4. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

We got married in the town hall in Positano in June & it was amazing - outdoors on the terrace with a violinist & just our two guests. It was more than we could ever could have imagined it to be - VERY Romantic.

We arranged it through a company and they basically did everything (including the interpreter at the ceremony). I suppose there are a few things we could have done ourselves but we didn't have the time really.

Never been to Venice, sorry no advice there.

Any questions, just ask.

Baton Rouge, LA
5. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

The Amalfie Coast would be my pick over Venice.

New York, NY
6. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

gb:

thanks for the reply.

which company do you recommend? there seem to be a lot of them online -- how did you decide?

UK
7. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

We used this company who are UK based, so I dont know if they would be of any use to you in the U.S..

www.weddingsmadeinitaly.co.uk/intro.html

No complaints about them, they were very good we thought.

reviews: 5
8. Re: Civil Ceremony Wedding on Amalfi Coast

I can suggest to have even the cerimony than the revenue in Ravello town hall. A place near by, good value for money, excellent service and delicious food is Bonadies Hotel restaurant. Contact them at info@hotelbonadies.it.

friends of mine had good weddings solutions with www.weddingsitaly.com (contact Sara Gennari).