We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piano di Sorrento or Furore?

Which Amalfi Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 81
Piano di Sorrento or Furore?

We are a family of 5 (2 adults,3 kids) travelling to the Amalfi region in mid September, arriving by train at Salerno. As this has been a last minute trip and we are a family we have limited options as far as accommodation goes (unless of course I want to spend $25,000!) however I have found two different B&B options, one (Villa Maresca) in Piano di Sorrento and one (Da Clotilde) in Furore.

We don't intend to have a car so am I correct in assuming that Piano di Sorrento is more central and easier to commute from with public transport than Furore?

We are intending to do day trips to Pompeii, Capri and Positano and would also like the freedom of being able to travel short distances for cafes, restaurants etc if necessary.

From what I have read, people seem to think that this area is less attractive and perhaps more touristy than that of Praiano and other places however I am hoping if we choose a good location that we will be able to move around easily, to enable us to get to other "prettier" towns.

Your advice and comments are appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Piano di Sorrento or Furore?

To reach either destination take the train to Naples www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for train times and fares, and transfer to the Naples lower basement station for the train to Sorrento and Pompeii Scavi

eavcampania.it/web/content/scarica-orario-fe…

Amalfi coast buses Sorrento to Amalfi, Amalfi to Ravello and Amalfi to upper Furore

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5110.pdf

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5080.pdf

Ferries www.alicost.it www.coopsantandrea.com www.capri.net Naples to Sorrento www.alilauro.it

www.sorrentotourism.com

www.amalficoastweb.com

Campania region www.italia.it/en/home.html

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

Edited: 9:24 pm, August 31, 2013
Sydney
reviews: 81
2. Re: Piano di Sorrento or Furore?

Thank you Nurioopta, for taking the time to provide transportation advice. Doesn't look like anyone else has an opinion....

Anyhow, we have made our decision.

South Australia
reviews: 12
3. Re: Piano di Sorrento or Furore?

Personally, I would go for Furore, and sure you will enjoy

Nuri

Greenwood, Indiana
reviews: 1
4. Re: Piano di Sorrento or Furore?

i'm interested in what you decided, did you stay in furore? we are also a family of 5 going to italy in may 2014 and i was trying to decide whether to stay in furore, where i found a little house i fell in love with, or in sorrento or positano which seem to be more popular. we would like to take a day trip to capri. i'm very interested in what you did on your trip if you don't mind sharing. thanks! kim

Reply to: Piano di Sorrento or Furore?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted