We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twin centre trip - Ravello and ???

Which Amalfi Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
reviews: 68
Twin centre trip - Ravello and ???

Hi,

We are planning a week's holiday to the Amalfi coast to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary in late June 2014.

So far, we have decided that we want to stay at the Hotel Caruso in Ravello for probably 3 nights, and also experience Mamma Agata's cookery school for one day in Ravello.

Can anyone recommend where we can stay on the Amalfi Coast for the other 4 or so nights, please?

We are flying from Gatwick, and we will probably go for private transfers rather than hiring a car so somewhere with places to walk to would be great, or good public transport links.

We love wandering around sightseeing (more outdoorsy than museums), lovely views, great food and wine, listening to live music (I think the Ravello festival will be on!). Ideally we would like to have access to a swimming pool and a gym but these are not essential. We fancy doing a day trip to Capri one day.

Thanks!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
reviews: 11
1. Re: Twin centre trip - Ravello and ???

I highly recommend staying the rest of your trip in Positano. IMO it is the most picturesque and romantic of all the villages on the AC. Lots of places to wander, amazing views and good restaurants. There are also a few cafes that have live music in the evenings.

I can't recommend a hotel as I always rent an apartment when I stay in Pos. You can use www.venere.com to search for hotels, and filter for amenities, price, etc.

Uk
2. Re: Twin centre trip - Ravello and ???

Thank you Engred. Positano does look beautiful from the photos we have seen.

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Twin centre trip - Ravello and ???

Snippets of info on the 13 AC villages: www.positano.com

You could also consider one of the islands - Capri, Ischia - and even though there is also tiny Procida, I'm not sure about spending 4 nights there. You can take a ferry from Amalfi or Positano over to Capri.

www.capri.net

Edited: 2:49 pm, July 31, 2013
Uk
4. Re: Twin centre trip - Ravello and ???

Thank you Momcat, will have a look at that link!

5. Re: Twin centre trip - Ravello and ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 02, 2014