We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice regarding a stay in Amalfi town

Which Amalfi Coast hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 28
Advice regarding a stay in Amalfi town

Hi,

My husband and I will be in the region from Oct. 19-21 or 22, 2013. We will be coming from Capri via ferry. I have been looking at staying in Amalfi town as we could do a leisurely day from there to Positano and Sorrento one day and a slow day from there to some of the smaller towns between Amalfi and Salerno on the second day. (I like the looks of an easy hike from Amalfi town to Atrani.) A third day would be spent by bus between Amalfi and Pompeii viewing the sights there. We intend to take the ferry or bus when leaving the region to catch a 9:15 a.m. train to Bern from Salerno. My questions:

1. Does this sound feasible and or advisable?

2. Should we stay overnight in Salerno instead the night before our train trip out?

3. Is it easy to take the Sita bus early in the morning to Salerno with luggage? Are the buses from Amalfi to Salerno hard to board between 6:30 and 8 a.m.? Should we be looking at booking a taxi instead?

4. Are the Sita buses and the Amalfi drive still heavily in use? (I thought by staying in the middle we might divide the Amalfi Coast drive in half over two days to ease the stress of riding the buses if they will be heavily occupied).

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

1. Re: Advice regarding a stay in Amalfi town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 31, 2014