We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Cosenza in December

Which Cosenza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 108
Travelling to Cosenza in December

My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe (from Ontario) in December and are considering Cosenza and area. My great-grandparents are from Pietrafitta so that would be a place I'd like to check out.

My question is, is there enough to do in Cosenza over New Year's? I read something somewhere about seeing some operas at the university, but it seems like most information is in Italian.

Thanks in advance!

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
reviews: 69
1. Re: Travelling to Cosenza in December

Cosenza is a great town with a fantastic "old" section. I spent a week there in mid January a few years ago with family, and though it wasn't exactly the most fun filled vacation I've ever had, there wasn't a lack of things to do in terms of museums, castles, churches (as I recall they have a beautiful duomo). It's one of the bigger cities in the region, and where many people from small villages go for an evening or to have some fun, so I'd say that for New Years, you should definitely be able to find something to do.

Milan, Italy
reviews: 11
2. Re: Travelling to Cosenza in December

for sure there will be a concert in the main square. If you like there are also parties in clubs. Otherwise you can go to Camiglietello or Lorica, which are small turistic villages close to Cosenza, with sky slopes

3. Re: Travelling to Cosenza in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 18, 2013