We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

Which Italy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

Myself and the other half want to book a 10 day to 2 week Italy trip (depending on what we can afford!!) next June to cover our birthdays and our anniversary. We want to see the picturesque, romantic sights such as Florence, Tuscany, Venice and a little bit of a beach holiday too. However, so far I can only find itinerary's where they are pre made and most of them include trips to Rome. I like Rome as much as the next person but I have already been there so would rather skip that and see somewhere else! Anyone have any ideas on who to book with so we can make our own itinerary that won't cost the earth?! Thinking of a budget around £600-700 each. Thanks!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 71
1. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

I am not sure what you are asking.

Figure out where you want to visit first and how long in each spot. Lots of trip reports here as well as advice from guide books and other websites to get you going so start your research with that.

Book your flights, preferably into one airport and out of another to save time, unless you need to fly in and of same airport for some reason.

Determine a budget and choose your hotels based on priorities. Book with any of the many hotel websites or direct with the hotels.

Buy your train tickets when you arrive in Italy for the trip, either at the station or from a local travel agency.

Read these forums for more on how to do all of that but you do not need anyone to package this up for you - it is quite easy to put it all together.

When you have a basic plan, come back and ask for comments on suggests on the itinerary you have come up with.

Edited: 6:08 am, October 22, 2010
pisa
reviews: 8
2. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

best way for you is rent a car and on or two self catering accomodation, then have daytrips from there...

i think my area could be interesting for you, close to the beach and beautiful tuscan towns, look at this topic: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187893-i67-k321…

enjoy!!

silvia

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 68
3. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

This July my husband and I did 8 nights in Italy. Flew into Naples and then drove to Sorrento (2 nights and not long enough as it was beautiful), then drove to Rome (2 nights) - I booked a car space online (we survived driving Rome together and are still happily married), then drove on to Florence (2 nights) -dropped car at airport and then caught train to Venice (2 nights). I just wish we'd had more time in Sorrento - and to explore the Amalfi. On going to Capri we did hire a little boat and cruised round Capri for a couple of hours and that was magic!

London, United...
4. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, we have a basic idea of where we want to go and how long for but we don't want to do it ourselves, just wondered if there was a company where you if tell them what you made they will arrange it for you, as the ones I have looked at so far have pre made itineraries!

London, United...
5. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

That itinerary sounds great but I'm not sure either of us would feel confident driving there!!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 71
6. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

If you know where you want to go, visit a travel agent (experience with Italy helps so ask about personal experience) and have them plan it for you.

uk
reviews: 6
7. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

Some tour companies do "tailor made" holidays, Citalia used to, I know. I don't know how far your budget will stretch if that is to include travel costs, the pound is weak against the euro, unfortunately!

Maybe it would be cheaper to stay put in one place, the Tuscan coast, for example, then take the bus to places like Florence, Pisa and Lucca.

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 68
8. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

Grab a good guide book of things and places you'd like to see. Do you really want to be on a tour because then you're tied to a time schedule and stuck with people.The train system is fantastic and you could be going where ever you wish if driving is no tyour thing.

9. Re: How to/where to book a 10 day-2 week Italy itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, April 22, 2011