We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paella for one

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Paella for one

Hi all, i'm visiting Valencia alone on Sunday for four days and was wondering if there is anywhere in Valencia that i can get an authentic and fresh paella for one person. When I last went to Ibiza all the real paellas were for 2 people minimum!! If possible i would like to avoid frozen and dinged paella, thank you in advance for help, regards

6 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,531
1. Re: Paella for one

hyacinth:

Almost all of the restaurants in Spain that serve paella only make it for 2 people. The only place I have seen that you can order for one person is the beach in Nerja (Costa del Sol), where they have very large paella pans cooking paella all the time and you can ask for just one portion.

Castellon de la...
2. Re: Paella for one

Hi

Sunday and thursday are for the locals the traditional days for eat paella. You can find paella in the menu del dia in individual portions.

Search a restaurant where many locals are eating paella.

The rest of the days perhaps turistic restaurants in oldtown or the beach haven paella in portions.

Only the spezialized restaurants in rice cook the paella individually for minimum 2 person.

London, England
reviews: 64
3. Re: Paella for one

Yes, as Fadri says, you can often find paella included on a Menu del Dia menu.

Valencia, Spain
Destination Expert
for Valencia
reviews: 19
4. Re: Paella for one

At restaurante Llevant at the beginning of Patacona beach you can get paella by the portion. If I remember correctly a portion is about 8 euros.

http://www.restaurantellevantweb.es/

London
reviews: 1
5. Re: Paella for one

Thank you everyone for your replies

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,531
6. Re: Paella for one

I forgot about the menu of the day. Yes, many places have a menu of the day in which the first plate may be paella.

Reply to: Paella for one
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valencia