We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
reviews: 24
How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

Hi there!

I'll land over Barajas airport, in Madrid, and it will be after 18 hours. How is the better/safer way to get from there to Valencia?

I've found a bus service (avanzabus.com) but they only seem to have buses up ultil 18 hours.

Are there any night service?

My father will travel there soon, and I want to find him a confortable trip to Valencia, and thought that the bus would be better than the airport?

Thanks for your reply!!

8 replies to this topic
Castellon de la...
1. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

Hi,

You can also take the high speed train called AVE. You can buy the ticket cheaper at advance. Travel between Madrid T4 and Atocha station with the cercanías, that is free with a AVE o Alvia Ticket. Then take your train to Valencia Joaquin Sorolla station.

Here is the renfe website

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

for cercanías (not apear at general search)

renfe.com/EN/…index.html

Buenos Aires...
2. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

So I guess the train is faster and I can get to it from the airport itself!

Thanks!!!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,599
3. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

Rosamunda:

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

The train is much more comfortable than the bus and has bathrooms and a cafeteria car where you can buy snacks and drinks.

Edited: 12:05 am, July 17, 2014
Buenos Aires...
4. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

Yes, I guess so, the train is far better indeed!

My father is going to the Universitat de València (Avda. de Blasco Ibáñez 30, Ciudad de Valencia), and I´ve found that there are several Valencia destinations at the Renfe page that you guys have kindly point me out to. When I try "valencia" at destination I get to choose Valencia*, Valencia San Isidro, Valencia Estación del Norte, Valencia Joaquín Sorolla, Valencia Cabanyal, etc...

Which one should I choose?

Again, many thanks for your help!

Buenos Aires...
5. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

(I´ve read that Fadri pointed me out to Valencia Joaquin Sorolla, but I don´t know if that´s the closest train station if I want to get to the University... I mean, how many train stations does Valencia have? :)

Buenos Aires...
6. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

Finally did understand it! It is indeed the Joaquin Sorolla Station! (at least when I select just "Valencia*" I get only that destination station :) THANKS! And thanks for the links! The explanation of how to buy those tickets is pretty neat and easy to follow!

I understand that buying the ticket in advance is cheaper, but how much cheaper?

I mean, I´m afraid that maybe his flight arrives late, and he looses his train ticket. Is it nice and easy to get it from the station itself? Does it work 24/7? Or it is far better to just buy the tickets online?

THANKS AGAIN!

Castellon de la...
7. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

Good morning!!

The valencia station for the ave is joaquin sorolla. The other are commuter and regional station. The ave don t arrive at the airport itself. You must take a commuter train in aeropuerto-t4 to atocha and then the ave. The commuter is called cercanias and is free with a ave ticket, you must get a ticket called combinado cercanias at aeropuerto station tickets machine. I don t know how much is the discount, but the ave are seating allocating trains and you can t buy a ticket when is full. Is better to reserve a ticket. And this train not run 24h. See the timetables at renfe website.

Winter Park...
reviews: 52
8. Re: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs

OK, without knowing much of the details besides what time you arrive here's the issue.....

I picked a random date of 16 Aug for the arrival. The last train from Mardid Atocha -> Valencia JS is @ 21:10.... That might be cutting it close in terms of flight arrival > customs/immigration > bag claim > get to Atocha. Usually I like a 4 hour window for my trips into Barajas & then the train onward.

In terms of getting to the university from the JS station in Valencia, just have him get a cab.

Fares... P+ turista for the 21:10 leaving on 16 Aug is e31.50, full fare is e72.40 for turista. so a pretty good discount.

Buy the tix online, save your localizador code on the phone and print them at the station.

I would suggest that he stay the night in Madrid if he can't move his flight up to an earlier arrival.

Reply to: How to get to Valencia from Madrid? landing at Barajas 18 hs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted