We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leesburg, Virginia
La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia

I am trying to determine if it is better to buy La Tomatina festival tickets for Aug 2014 directly from the City of Bunol website or should I buy a package from a tour operator which includes hotel? We are 4 people looking for two nights stay in Valencia and want to attend La Tomatina festival in Bunol on Aug 27, 2014. The concern I have with the tour operators is that it is not clear if the hotel rooms are air conditioned. It seems that majority of the hotels in Valencia do not have AC. Also, I would like to know which areas are better for stay in Valencia from safety and reachability perspective? Thank you.

5 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,761
1. Re: La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia

Lara:

I would stay in Valencia and do Buñol as a day trip.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187529-c191057/Valen…

Valencia, Spain
reviews: 2
2. Re: La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia

A great way to visit is on an official day tour - http://thisisvalencia.com are a local company. This will be their ninth year taking an international crowd to the food fight. They offer travel to and from Valencia, official wristbands to enter the fight, afterwards they take you to a complex with pool and gardens for showers, swim and a wonderful lunch of Paella under shady trees with lots of booze and time to chill in the sun before return to Valencia - it's really a great day out

New York Mills, New...
3. Re: La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia

Hi Lara, I went last year and it is a great experience! I recommend you take care with the tickets, you must to buy a official sponsors or you will stoy out of party. We went with www.tomatofestivalspain.com, they have several tickets options , which included transportation from Valencia or Barcelona to Bunol, sangria party, entry tickets to tomatina, after party, tomatina t-shirt (very important wear clothes that you don’t mind to throw away after the tomato fight) . It was very funny and we enjoyed very much.

DELHI
reviews: 1
4. Re: La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia

Hello All,

I have two tickets to the La Tomatina Festival 2014. Actually , my husband & I were supposed to attend it .. However, due to some critical family conditions we have cancelled our trip ..

If anyone wants to take the ticket from me, please let me know ..

I have checked with the La Tomatina authorities, they have confirmed, that they can change the details on the ticket , in case the user changes..

Please let me know. Thanks.

Edited: 9:23 am, August 10, 2014
DELHI
reviews: 1
5. Re: La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia

You may contact me at email id : adeshmittal@gmail.com

Reply to: La Tomatina festival in Bunol -Valencia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valencia