We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3

Hi We are travelling to Valencia next week, 2 adults and staying at Eurostart Gran Hotel. Have been studying on the websites but still confuse. Can someone confirm if there is a metro station located within the airport? Can we but the ticket from the ticket machine which I believe is €4.50 per person; will the ticket be used for whole journey from line 3 or 5 and then change to line 1 (Beniferri)? We plan for a free & easy 4 days in Valencia, read about T1, T2 & T3 ticket which is unlimited ride on metro, bus & tram in a day, 2 or 3 days. But can't seem to find the price of the ticket, would anybody have any information please? One last question, T1 - said unlimited rides within 24 hours, does that mean if card is activated on 16th Oct 2pm, does it run till 17th Oct 2pm or it stops at mid night of 16th Oct?

Hope to get some reply before we leave on next Wednesday.

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
reviews: 62
1. Re: Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3

Hi there - yes, there is a metro station at the airport and it is well signposted. You take the escalator or lift down to it.

The metrovalencia website states the single fare for zones ABCD is EUR3.90 and you will need to purchase a card to load with your fare for EUR1, making it 4.90 per person for that journey. You can buy tickets in the airport station from the machines, cards and cash are accepted and the machine will automatically add the cost of a card to your purchase unless you choose the 'recharge your card' option. Keep the card and re-load as required for future journeys.

The T1, T2 and T3 tickets are valid for 24, 48 and 72 hours respectively from first validation in zone A i.e. not only up to midnight on the first day of validation. Note that these tickets are only valid in zone A, not across all the zones. T1 costs EUR4, T2 EUR6.70 and T3 EUR9.70. Again, load the card you got for the first metro journey. Here is a link to the tickets prices on the metrovalencia website. www.metrovalencia.es/wordpress_en/…

I would work out what you intend to do and visit during your trip and see which of the tickets works best for you. Many of the main attractions are close together and Valencia is quite compact so you may not need to use public transport much.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 3:36 pm, October 13, 2013
London
2. Re: Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3

Thanks for your reply. Actually we don't have much luggage; thinking of taking the Metrobus which said stop at Plaza De Espana. Is the plaza closed to Xativia? We can then get the pack of 10 metro tickets which is for Zone A travelling only. Reason I am thinking of getting the T1, T2 or T3 is booked some restaurants during our stay and some of them require bus & tram ride. Do we need to pay for the card if we use the Metrobus to town?

The restaurants are at Kaymus, 2 are closed to Art & Sains museum & 1 is near the port.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 62
3. Re: Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3

I'm sorry, but I don't know about the Metrobus and the website isn't working properly at the moment for me to check.

Personally I would just take the metro from the airport to the stop nearest your hotel for the EUR3.90 it will cost you as it is really easy and quick. You will need to pay EUR1 for the card to load with whatever T ticket you choose to buy anyway. If you are planning to use the bus and metro network, then buy the T ticket which best suits your needs. The bonometro (book of 10 tickets) is only valid on the metro system, not on the buses, so I do not see any benefit to you in buying that.

Now that you have said where you are planning to eat out, I cannot help wondering why you have booked a hotel which is on the other side of town, near the conference centre rather than closer to the tourist attractions? You will end up spending a lot of time on public transport travelling back and forth to places.

Valencia, Spain
4. Re: Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3

Take T3 and exchange to T1 on Angel Guimerá station then leave the train at Beniferri. That is the only way. Ticket is 3,90. Lucky if it all lasts less than 1 hour

By the way a taxi is 16-18 € and 5 minutes. Ask the driver if you don´t belive me.

No need to write so endless messages.

London
5. Re: Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3

Thanks for all the info...LOL!! I know the hotel is on the other side of the city but got a good deal with nice room, value for money! Can't get similar hotel close to Kaymus. We are all set, getting ready to leave London early morning on Wed!

Reply to: Airport to Eurostar Gran Hotel; T1, T2 & T3
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted