We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One and a half days in Valencia

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
reviews: 265
One and a half days in Valencia

We are coming down to Valencia for one and a half days as part of our Spain tour (3 cities, 2 nights per city). We have time on the both the days after lunch for a city tour. Also we plan to go on a hop on hop off tour on day two though. I would like to know the following from the Valencia experts out there:

1) Which monuments in the city are a must-visit?

2) Is there any 2-day city pass available?

3) What are the opening and closing times of the the restaurants in the city?

4) Are there any dos and donts?

5) Is English widely understood in the city?

I am travelling to a country for the first time whose language I do not understand at all, so I am a little nervous.

Thanks and Regards,

Nimish Goray

4 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,370
1. Re: One and a half days in Valencia

Nimish:

Must sees:

1. City of Arts and Sciences - The Aquarium is fantastic and I have seen it 3 times already.

2. Bioparc

3. Cathedral

Pune, India
2. Re: One and a half days in Valencia

Thanks for the list!

Do you think the hop-on hop-off tours in Valencia are good?

Stourbridge, West...
reviews: 37
3. Re: One and a half days in Valencia

Hi I will try and help with some of your questions. Some restaurants are open all day through but most are open from 1pm for lunch until 3 or 4pm and then they reopen at 7 or 8pm and are open until late. A number of restaurants are closed on Sundays and Monday's or will only open for lunch on these dsys. You will always be able to find somewhere that is open though.

Language - I have been visiting valencia for a number of years now and english is becoming more widely spoken but I would recommend having a phrasebook and giving spanish a go you will always be able to get bye then with the addition of hand signals and nods of the head.

Pune, India
4. Re: One and a half days in Valencia

Hello Friends,

We had a nice time in Valencia, though we did not get enough time in the city. We saw the main sights through the hop-on hop-off tour and most importantly we dipped our feet in the beautiful waters of the mediterranean sea. I somehow regret not going to the ciudad artes y ciencias, but we truly did not have time for that. Anyways, we had a good time and would love to come down to Valencia again.

Warmest Regards,

Nimish Goray

Reply to: One and a half days in Valencia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted