We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety w/children

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Gozo...
reviews: 8
safety w/children

will be travelling this summer with family - 2 children under 3 years.

staying in Gran Via Marques del Turia.

Is this area safe during late evening - early night - between 7pm to say 11pm?

what areas to avoid in Valencia?

thanks

6 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,080
1. Re: safety w/children

keki16:

That area is safe at night. Remember that the Spanish keep very late hours. At 11 pm the streets are still full of people. When there are many people around it is safe. It may be unsafe if you are the only one on a street at night. There is safety in numbers.

I have not seen any unsafe areas in the city center.

Valencia
reviews: 7
2. Re: safety w/children

I think you'll be fine.

Whilst everyone needs to be vigilant in any city (there are always some scumbags around) we've found Valencia to be the most comfortable and friendly place.

Of course, some areas are better than others, but unlike London I would not consider Valencia to have any real 'no go' zones at that time of night.

As another reply indicated, 23:00 is very early by spanish standards and there will be loads of young kids up and playing at that time!

Have fun, it is a good place and the area you mentioned is well located.

Island of Gozo...
3. Re: safety w/children

thanks for your replies

Valencia, Spain
4. Re: safety w/children

Yes, that is a safe area. At our bed and breakfast we have never had any guests being pick-pocketed. But if you leave your opurse hanging on a chair on a terrace, it might be gone when you come back from the bathroom. Valencia is Spain´s third largest city, but is reklatively very, very safe. I would avoid the beach area after the sun goes down though, as some people feel uncomfortable. Better to have dinner in the center! Have fun. Warm wishes, Dany ( Bed and Breakfast Valencia Mindfulness Retreat )

Valencia, Spain
5. Re: safety w/children

Also: Ruzafa is a fun and upcoming neighbourhood, but after dark there are a lot of less fortunate people on the streets and I always feel safe there but some might feel out of place. Kind regards, Dany of VMR Bed and Breakfast.

Island of Gozo...
6. Re: safety w/children

thanks a lot Dany - appreciated!

Reply to: safety w/children
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted