We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

Hello!

Wonder if some native Valencian or an experienced traveller can answer some questions regarding the event called The Battle of Flowers (Batalla de Flores) which usually sums up July's Fair in Valencia (Feria de Julio).

When will it take place this year? Will it be the last Sunday of July (28th of July)?

What about tickets? How much do they cost? Where can they be purchased?

I'll be very grateful for any information you can provide! Thank you in advance!

Alexander

Valencia
1. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

it's at 8pm on Sunday 28 July. You don't need a ticket.

Moscow, Russia
2. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

Cool! Thanks!

Valletta, Malta
reviews: 3
3. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

Is there anything ther week 13th until the 20th of July please

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 34
4. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

Hi, I'm wondering as well about this event... Anything around 10th until 17th of July???

Valencia
5. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

Here's a link to the Feria de Julio website: http://www.feriadejulio.com/index.asp There are fireworks at the port on Saturdays in July at midnight

Edited: 6:49 am, July 06, 2013
Moscow, Russia
6. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

I've visited this event and even liked it. :) For those who plan to visit this battle next year or later - a few notes following next may be helpful for you.

You don't need any ticket to WATCH the action but you need one to PARTICIPATE in it. There were two fences: the first one divided the area where the carriages were from area where the flowers' throwers had their seats and boxes full with yellow and orange flowers, the second fence divided the last from the people who had no ticket and just watched the show. I did not try to clarify whether the tickets are on sale or they are distributed between some outstanding Valencian people.

The battle lasts 30 or 40 minutes. After about 20 minutes of battle nobody cares about the holes appearing here and there in the second fence and the people crossing the border. So there are people in the battle without any tickets.

Valencia, Spain
reviews: 1
7. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

Hi there.

The tickets are sold at the ticket office of the Gardens of Viveros (Jardines de Viveros/Jardines del Real). You buy a pack, a box seat, for 6 people. The pack is 30€, so it's around 5€/person. I think you have to buy them the last Friday before the battle.

8. Re: Valencia: The Battle of Flowers / Batalla de Flores 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 25, 2015