We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

firefly car rental valencia airport

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield england
reviews: 26
firefly car rental valencia airport

does anyone have experience of this company - i believe it used to be advantage - at valencia airport. we have booked through airline network who use holiday autos, and this is the company that came up. i haven't heard of them, although i have heard of advantage. from the location map it seems as though they are located in the public car park at the airport - can this possibly be right - seems a bit odd. we have regularly booked car rental in tampa florida and all the car rentals are actually on the airport but have a designated car park for the cars, its not a public car park. i would appreciate any input from anyone who has used them - good or bad - we dont travel until may and if there are problems with this company we have time to complain to airline network ahead of time. we are not due to collect the car until 9 pm and don't want to get there and find there is a problem

35 replies to this topic
reviews: 15
21. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

agree they tack on all kinds of extras, 60€ in insurance plus 75€ for a tank of gas, idea is that you don't notice, our 80€ complete rental turned out to be closer to 250€

Was my own mistake that I didn't check the rental agreement!!!

Avoid at all costs

BTW rented from Madrid airport

Edited: 4:49 pm, October 08, 2013
reviews: 15
22. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

second that, they charged us for a full tank and 60€ in insurance which was supposed to be included, my stupidity for not looking closer. Plus it was a crap car, beat up and in poor shape.

York, United Kingdom
23. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

I am hoping to book a holiday to spain last week in may. The flight i have looked at last at 2345 on the 23rd of may. One of the few car hire companies that will remain open until this time are firefly. Does anyone have any experience with collecting a car late at nihgt? and how did it go? I am concerned that we may arrive to find the office closed and then be strended. Any advice,feedback or experiences you can provide me with will be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance, i look forward to any replies

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 77
24. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

I have just cancelled an Easter 2014 for booking after bad experiences in January 2014 and in October 2013- In January 2014, they took approx £174 off my credit card for what should have been a Euro 80 charge for fuel. After eventually getting contact details through Hertz, the invoice indicated there was a mis-fuelling charg. The car was not mis-fuelled!. They had my credit card details - so they took my money. On the prior occasion they didn't discuss any charges but asked me to sign the paperwork regarding the condition of the car. I only realised 70km down the road that no charges had been discussed. When I re-examined the paperwork I discovered the petrol charge (fair enough), but also an additional similar charge as it wasn't the drivers credit charge that was used for the payment - If we had known this, the drivers credit card would have been used.

I thought I had learned my mistake after the first problem and examined the paperwork closely the second time before I signed - However, they made up an excuse to take the money the second time. I would never use Firefly, or indeed Hertz, who own them, again. I would never trust them with my credit card details again. I would never recommend either company to any friends. If i were you, I would seek an alternate rental car company.

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 77
25. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Even checking for problems with the car doesn't help. They will find another way to get your money. Having stupidly not checked the paperwork properly when I rented the car in September 2013, I was stung for Euro 80... On the next occasion, I picked the car up in December 2013 & checked the paperwork very carefully. However, when I checked my credit card account a couple of days after returning car, the Euro 80 petrol charge came through as a £174 charge. When I eventually managed to get through to them, they sent me an invoice that had a mis-fuelling charge. The car was not mis-fuelled - they had my details, so they took my money.

I will never use Firefly (or Hertz, who own them) again. I just cancelled my 3+ week Easter booking for £20 - At least I knew it was only £20. What might they have stung me for if I had kept the rental?!

Edited: 6:55 am, March 13, 2014
Cheltenham, United...
reviews: 7
26. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Same awful experience with Firefly in Valencia. I bought extra insurance from elsewhere and told them that I didn't want any extra insurance apart from the CDW. They hid it amongst the paperwork and said nothing. Only on my return did I realise that they had charged me an additional 80 euros for their complete insurance. They also told me they had 'upgraded' me to a bigger car because they had none of the ones that were in my size category ....... but it turned out the car had no air conditioning - really not great for 32 degrees!

When I complained at the desk, the girls shouted in my face that I was lying and made me wait 30 mins to fill out a complaint for.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY ... EVER! The extra charges mean you pay the same as going to one of the more well known companies. The staff are disgustingly rude (obviously only when you work out that they have duped you) and the charges are high. Don't bother.

Faversham, United...
27. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

firefly - car trawler - arguscarhire . Beware. Just now having battle with them regarding overcharging. I booked car hire from Valencia with arguscarhire.com complete with insurance cover etc. The firefly contract stated estimate charges which I queried saying that everything I wanted was included on the arguscarhire document provided. I am now fighting a massive overcharge for things I did not order, such as "fast return" which was not requested and "insurance" which I had in my agreement with arguscarhire. I was very specific in ensuring my details as I witnessed very aggressive insurance sales pitch on the customer before me. I reeks of sharp practice. I will never use arguscarhire, firefly or even their parent Herz again.

westmeath
reviews: 3
28. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Youl find them in car park near hertz.

London, United...
29. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

We had a DREADFUL experience with FIREFLY June 15th - 5th July. We were quoted one price for the car hire when we booked on-line. When we arrived at FIREFLY office the price doubled! An extra 16.50 euros for 'faster return' (the girls in the office did not know what that was for!). On inspection the car was a wreck! No parcel shelf, huge dent in the back meant that the boot was difficult to close/lock, body work a mass of scratches and small dents, and the tyres were almost bald and the walls had splits in them! When we asked them to amend the car-hire agreement sheet...both of the girls were rude and refused to leave the office to inspect the car with us. They claimed they were too busy (no one in the office at the time). When one of them finally came over to the car - she basically screamed and snatched the key from us and said she would keep the car! We had no alternative but to accept it. On returning the car - NIGHTMARE situation! The office was packed with irate people either picking up cars or dropping them off. We waited nearly an hour just to get to the desk. She looked at our paper work...said OK...took the key and said she was too busy to check the car! We pointed out that we were told to re-fuel the car before returning it and had a receipt to prove it so that we could have a refund on the fuel that they had charged us for initially. She completely ignored this - waved us away and called over another client. When we asked her to check our car - she told us to basically to go away! This took nearly 2 hours!!!!!! So - we had to leave the office to catch a plane as we were running out of time. We have contacted the car hire broker - but they have basically said sorry...and that was it! FIREFLY is definitely a company to avoid in the future! Very unprofessional and totally out of their depth when dealing with a high volume of tourists!

London, United...
30. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Hi,

We have just posted a longish message about our dreadful experience with FIREFLY. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!! Very un-professional and very rude...one of them ended up screaming at us!

Reply to: firefly car rental valencia airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted