We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

firefly car rental valencia airport

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield england
reviews: 26
firefly car rental valencia airport

does anyone have experience of this company - i believe it used to be advantage - at valencia airport. we have booked through airline network who use holiday autos, and this is the company that came up. i haven't heard of them, although i have heard of advantage. from the location map it seems as though they are located in the public car park at the airport - can this possibly be right - seems a bit odd. we have regularly booked car rental in tampa florida and all the car rentals are actually on the airport but have a designated car park for the cars, its not a public car park. i would appreciate any input from anyone who has used them - good or bad - we dont travel until may and if there are problems with this company we have time to complain to airline network ahead of time. we are not due to collect the car until 9 pm and don't want to get there and find there is a problem

33 replies to this topic
cork ireland
reviews: 24
1. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

It is definitely the new Advantage, same web style, same location in car park, we used Advantage last year and had no complaints, but as always not everyone was so lucky, some poor reviews have been posted.

Having said this I would use them again.

Think they may be a budget version of Hertz, only guessing though.

sheffield england
2. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

yes apparently hertz's cheapie car hire. my concern is that having looked at the valencia airport website neither advantage nor firefly are listed as on airport companies, although the firefly website says you go to the car park to collect the car - public car park that is. it seemed very strange. can you tell me where exactly in the car park this company is located, is it walkable from the terminal building. i have booked this rental company for my family visiting us in spain in may. we will be meeting them there. i have ready some pretty poor reviews although most of them referred to italy, we have had bad experiences in italy with major companies like avis so wasnt sure how they related to the spanish experience.

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Hi, Firefly is the new name for Advantage. We've used them 5 times recently (as Advantage) and they've been good. They are an offshoot of Hertz, so the cars have all been o.k condition - just a few minor scuffs on a couple that we had meant that we blended in with the locals. When you come out the main doors at arrivals you go straight over the road to the parking area and walk towards the back. A lot of the car hire companies have signposted bays and their offices are there as well. If you've got big luggage then grab a trolley if you can -it's a 3 to 4 minute walk. These details were current at the end of January this year when we were last there - but building work was still in progress, so things may have changed. We will find out for ourselves in 2nd week of April.

cork ireland
4. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Your feedback would be appreciated crostrad, as I was treated fine last year I have decided to give them a go again in May.

My recollection last year was getting the lift first after coming out of arrivals to the 1st level, turning right and continuing down to the end of the car park. Probably just another route.

cork ireland
5. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Disregard my comments above on the location of Firefly/Advantage in Valencia, wrong forum, we fly into Alicante and this is where they are there, we are then driving to Valencia, hence the mix up, would still be interested in the service though crostrad.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 58
6. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Same as all the others really. They will have a van that has been converted into an office, parked on the airport car park. They usually have a representative in the arrivals hall to take you to the office (van).

No problems when I have used them. Like all rental companies, don't be conned by taking out the extra insurance to cover wheels, windscreen and keys. It will add another 3 or 4 euros per day on to the rental cost.

I never take it out and have never had any problems.

Edited: 6:01 am, April 12, 2013
sheffield england
7. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

thanks for the responses. i have been in touch with holiday autos who were the brokers we booked through,evidently yes, you just find your way to the car park and they are there, guess some kind of portacabin for the office. the firefly brand came into being very recently, something to do with advantage in the usa has been sold off along with the name, hertz are keeping their cheapie car hire in europe and have had to re-name it. i was reassured that it was there, and as it is the cheapie version the cars will be older and a little bit more bashed up, but so long as you document every dint and scratch before taking it, should be no problems. as far as the 'excess' insurance they try to sell, this seems to be endemic and the excess can be anything from a couple of hundred euros or up to a thousand. if you don't pay it they will charge this excess to your credit card and then refund it when you get back, provided you didnt have an accident or theft of the car. this happened to us last year (first time we have rented in europe) and you only have the two choices, take the insurance or have your card swiped. make sure you have enough credit on your card for this to be done. rather than pay out for the insurance if you are concerned about having an accident and losing this money, you can buy a little policy just to cover the excess, doesnt cost too much, depending on how long you are going for and how much the daily cost is from the car hire company to compare.

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 3
8. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Hi to Oscars and theoldgits. Update on our rental experience with Firefly rental. April 14-21st 2013. Directions to the office same as before. Leave Arrivals hall main doors, cross road to the parking area, bear right (ish) follow signs for the car rental area of car park ( as of April 21st there still aren't any signs for FireFly - they share the office with Hertz -so follow the Hertz signs) It's a proper office, not a van or portacabin. Staff were friendly and booked us through quickly. We took the extra 6 euro a day insurance -very pleased that we did! We had a Skoda Octavia, low mileage, good condition. Day 3 of our rental period we collected severe damage to the rear of the car. Called the assistance number, requested and got an english speaking rep. she confirmed booking details, asked where we were located, and we confirmed the car wasn't driveable. We held the line for only about a minute and she got back to us with a 20 minutes time collection. Confirmed with a text message. Recovery arrived after 15 minutes, the driver called us to let us know he was in the village. Quick load up, and back to Valencia airport. Replacement vehicle was waiting for us, we did the paperwork for new vehicle, they took our word for it that we had about a three quarter tank of gas in the Skoda, so credited that against the tank of gas charge on the replacement car.Great service. Take the insurance,take a phone with you. Stuff happens !

cork ireland
9. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

Very comforting crostrad, I have also booked their additional insurance for peace of mind, still a fair €119 for 6 days full/empty. Doesn't look like they could do any more for you, top class service by the look of it.

Thanks very much for the feed back.

sheffield england
10. Re: firefly car rental valencia airport

thanks for the info re hertz signs - I know firefly belongs to hertz but our info was to look for firefly. saved some aggro for us. pleased to hear the experience was good and the price of the excess cover which I haven't been able to find out. sorry to hear you had an accident, given that the excesses on some of these rental car insurance policies can be anything up to 1000 euros, it is worth having some kind of additional insurance. having done the sums find I can buy an excess cover for the period of our rental for about 25 euros which would be cheaper for us. I see you are from the usa so may not have been something you could buy. having noted that this is a newly named company and there have been queries made on here, I will also report on our experience.

Reply to: firefly car rental valencia airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valencia