We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 56
Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

When I booked a ticket for Dec 22 on the Renfe website, I selected "Valenica(*)" as my origin and "Barcelona (*)" as destination . . I went ahead and bought the ticket thinking that it was the Valencia-Nord station. But when I looked at my itinerary more carefully, it shows the train station as Joaquin Sorolla. I feel foolish for not looking at it more closely. I googled the name but could not find the location of the station. Can someone please tell me where it is? Is it actually in Valencia?

Thank you.

34 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 11
1. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

Joaquin Sorolla is the new station for the AVE (High Speed trains) in Valencia. It seems to be right next to the old train station, Estacio del Nord.

In any case, do not forget to have a look around Estacio del Nord, it's one of the most beautiful train stations I've ever seen.

Valencia, Spain
reviews: 1
2. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

www.google.es/imgres…

Provisional Ave station have comunication with "North station". not complicated. North station isnt in north part of city. Name becouse was the name of the company. Modernism station, you must see it viewat.org/…

See you

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

Thank you both for all your help. I can't wait to see Valencia.

Tampa, Fl
reviews: 7
4. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

I was just on the website and had the same question, I have been waiting for the tickets to be available and had never heard of Joaquin Sorolla. It is why I always go to tripadvisor.

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 1
5. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

just thought it was a coincidence, I am actually taking a train from valencia to barcelona on 12/22 as well, but since i booked from raileurope and not the renfe website, it only gave me the option for the valencia nord station. ended up paying more too i believe, should have done more research. anyways, i thought it was interesting since i am from fort worth, tx and noticed you are from dallas

Nottingham, United...
6. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

Just wondering, is the Valencia Joaquin Sorolla station really just beside the Valencia Nord station? Thanks a lot.

Los Angeles...
7. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

The Joaquin station is not exactly beside the Nord station. There is a shuttle bus service on the west side (Calle de Bailen) of the Nord station that will take you there. Also, the Jesus metro station is about a block away from the entrance. That should give you a good idea of the distance between the two.

Nottingham, United...
8. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

Yes it does. Thanks so much! I'm going there in Easter. Do you know how frequent the shuttle bus service is?

Los Angeles...
9. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

I can't remember exactly how long we waited, maybe 5-10 minutes. But I wouldn't worry. It does come around frequently and the ride is less than 5 minutes. Just walk down along the west side of the Nord Station. You'll see signs directing you to the shuttle bus area. You can't miss it.

Maryland
reviews: 3
10. Re: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?

Does anyone know the address of the station please? I'm going in September.

ThanX.

Reply to: Where is Valencia Joaquin Sorolla train station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted