We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Calpe

Which Calpe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darlington
Visit to Calpe

Just back from our trip to Calpe, lovely holiday, hot weather,back to the cold and wet. I would like to recommend a lovely place to eat, Eetcafe Max under Apollo 1V, just round the corner from the Italian Antica Roma. The meals are delicious, you are not hurried, freshly cooked and reasonably priced. We ate there quite a few times, the meals were so nice.

Calpe
reviews: 1
1. Re: Visit to Calpe

Lovely post...did you get to meet Max the dog? I think he's 19 yrs old now and still toddles back and to to the restaurant each day. I agree the food and the service there is excellent.

Annie

Edited: 6:58 pm, June 23, 2012
Darlington
2. Re: Visit to Calpe

Hello Annie, no we didn't meet Max, I think he was ill and had to visit the vets. Wan said he had had to take him one day. We told them we would be back next year, the meals were so nice. With this awful weather back home, we wish we were still back in Calpe and the sun.

Calpe
3. Re: Visit to Calpe

Next year will soon come round lol...glad you had a great time in Calpe.

Annie

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 3
4. Re: Visit to Calpe

antica roma in Calpe to me was poor service and very salty food we did not like the slow unfriendly service we go there. We went to 7 restaurants on our stay it it was the worst by far. we diden't see Max the dog but i'm sure he would have been more friendly. Our order was taken by a bad mannered lady and we were over charged and waited over an hour for our meal in a half full restaurant. It is in a great location to be fair but i think they know this and really don't care about their customers. La Rusticana across the street is magnificent and they care about customers and is better value with a warm welcome. Il Padrino across the road is also a great restaurant, we loved it and were not really fussy but we were very unhappy with Antica Roma in Calpe because they made on effor to serve their customers, I also observed this on other tables around us.

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 3
5. Re: Visit to Calpe

A note for the director of Tourism in Calpe, it is ridiculous that a family of 5 have to get two taxis in Calpe every other country in the World has 6 / 7 / 8 seater taxi's available. Get your act together, we loved Calpe, the beaches, the people, the shops, Restaurants, location, the culture and so much more but cannot understand the transport system. We would love to go back and recommend friends but you need to make changes, it is a big obstacle in our future return and there must be many like me, families groups "etc". Its not only the price but the security and the social issues that go with it.

Calpe
6. Re: Visit to Calpe

Hi Mike...Can't comment on Antica Roma because I'm not keen on Italian food so have never eaten there...The restaurant with Max the dog is called Eetcafe Max. I think you may have misread the previous post possibly?

I agree wholeheartedly about the cab situation it is a pain having to book 2 when you're only a party of 5.

Nice to know you enjoyed the place though. The Rusticana is always a favorite

of ours as is La Bas!

Annie

Edited: 3:50 pm, July 07, 2012
Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 38
7. Re: Visit to Calpe

Is Annie director of tourism do you think?

Calpe
8. Re: Visit to Calpe

As I've mentioned previously Penonboy...I am "Destination Expert for Calpe". I am not Involved in any kind of tourism directorship whatsoever. I'm here to try and help people who like to holiday in the area.

I find your remark rather derogatory to be honest.

Annie

9. Re: Visit to Calpe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Calpe
Recent Conversations