We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm or Calpe?

Which Calpe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint-Petersburg
Benidorm or Calpe?

We're planning holidays and can't choose between Benidorm and Calpe... What would you advice? 4 adults 30-years old + 1 child 3 years old.

Beach & sea is an everyday necessity for a child. We wish to have good sandy beach and warm CALM sea for a child as well as some dancing for adults.

Will Calpe be good for a child?

PS

We have already been twice in Fenistrat (Benidorm)...

Calpe
reviews: 1
1. Re: Benidorm or Calpe?

Calpe is perfect for children of all ages...Benidorm is great if you want plenty of nightlife. You can of course visit Benidorm whilst staying in Calpe!

The beaches here are long, beautiful stretches of golden sand with a lovely shallow shoreline, ideal for little ones. There's also plenty of play area's for this age group at various spots along both beaches.

As far as dancing goes? Yes there are bars where people get up and enjoy a dance. If you want proper clubs though I think Benidorm has more to offer than Calpe.

I think you'll have a great time here in Calpe with a little 3 year old. There's also a small funfair and a tourist road train that all the childern seem to love.

Have a great holiday wherever you choose....good luck with your planning.

Annie

Saint-Petersburg
2. Re: Benidorm or Calpe?

Thank you for answering my question, CalpeAnnie! Seems Calpe is an interesting place to visit! :)

How about the sea? Is it calm or waves are often?

What part of the city should I choose if I don't have a car?

We're planning to rent an apartment or maybe a small villa but it should be not far from the beach, playgrounds and supermarket...

Calpe
reviews: 1
3. Re: Benidorm or Calpe?

Hi, Depends on what time of the year you're planning to visit as far as the waves in the sea go. Obviously in summer months the sea is usually quite gentle and ideal for small children. Calpe is a town so isn't as big as a city which again means it's quite an easy place to tour around.

There's lot's of places along the beach front, apartments hotels etc. Villa's are mainly away from the beach area's but some are still within walking distance bearing in mind if you're here at the height of summer walking everywhere can be a bit of a chore with a 3 yr old! If you decide on a place I could then tell you how near/far you are to the beach, shops etc.

Annie

Edited: 9:38 am, April 16, 2012
Rehoboth Beach, DE
reviews: 2
4. Re: Benidorm or Calpe?

I was just n Calpe last week. Loved It. I would think it would be a great place for kids. Many of the places to eat by the Sea, have little areas in front for kids to play. While the adults eat and talk.

We drove to Benidorm one day and didn't get out of the car. Way to many people and congestion, and this was in off season.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 26
5. Re: Benidorm or Calpe?

we have been going to benidorm for 20 years, by ourselves and with our daughter and 3 grandchildren. its a great place for all ages, and you can have any holiday you want in benidorm, the place caters for everyone. we always stay on the old town side at the parque de elche (the dove park) we stay in apatrments above the coach and horses/greavens/jarrow lad and harbour view. all these bars are quiet with good food and away from all the noise of the new town, but only a nice 20 minute stroll, after dinner, away. as for calpe, we have been there a good few times and always take the boat from the harbour facing apartments. the harbour front has an amazing selection of seafood restaurants, and well worth the visit, there is a lovely strip of beach next to restaurants, so take swimming togs and towels, but dont forget time for boat back to benidorm. journey time about an hour.

6. Re: Benidorm or Calpe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Calpe
Recent Conversations