We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

Which Calpe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Timperley,Cheshire
reviews: 32
Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

Using a friends appartment in Calpe but they have been very vague about the name/number of the bus to get from the airport.

I know I have to go to Bus Stop 30 but after that it's all a bit vague, we're basically going from the airport to Calpe bus station and then on by taxi to our appartment

Given that my spanish stretches as far as my garbled attempts from a phrase book and my friend has suggested I just ask the driver of the bus, then I wondered if anyone could give me a bit more detail as to what I should be looking for in terms of name/number on the front of the bus and even if they run to a specific timetable (which is probably of more importance for the return jouney)

Aalesund, Norway
reviews: 24
1. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

Search on internet for "bus alicante airport calpe". I found one result on TA but the link/message body contains words longer than 140 characters and TA denied.

The post is called "Transport from Alicante Airport to Moraira" and Calpe mentioned. (Alicante Forum).

Hope this will help you.

Timperley,Cheshire
2. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

I've "Googled" various search criteria, it would appear to be the ALSA bus company but their website doesn't allow you to check details from Alicante Airport to Calpe as this does not appear to be a journey option.

Would certainly prefer to pay the single 7 euro bus fare rather than 60-70 euros for an airport transfer.

Various tourist sites refer vaguely to there being a direct bus service as I'd prefer not to have to go into Alicante first and then have to change there to go to Calpe

As stated before, I am a little concerned at my lack of Spanish so will have to bring myself up to speed on the flight over from Manchester

Aalesund, Norway
3. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

Many of the bus drivers speak English (a bit) and if not; just ask the driver to let you out at "estacion de autobuses Calpe".

Don't worry, you will sort it out! Instead of worrying, spead up you Spanish. lol

derby
reviews: 1
4. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

I'm afraid that the reason that Alsa's website won't tell you times for Alicante airport to Calpe is that the service has been withdrawn. I couldn't swear to this, but I believe that the extension from Benidorm to Calpe didn't make a profit in the two (?) years it was operating, so they have changed the service to only operate between the airport and Benidorm, but more frequently.

It will be possible to change at Benidorm's new bus station into other services from Benidorm to Calpe. Ask the journey planner for the times and fares for each section separately.

As other people say, pay on the bus from the airport to Benidorm, then go into the office there to book the next bit. You will be able to book the whole return journey in Calpe bus station. The staff do speak some English.

Aalesund, Norway
5. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

Why don't you ask the owner of the apartment (friends...) for advice.

Timperley,Cheshire
6. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

It was the owner who gave us this advice, she actually lives in Australia and uses the appartment as a holiday base during the Australian winter. I think she is in touch with other permanent English residents who might be able to advise further.

This could make things interesting with our young son in tow but an airport transfer by private hire/taxi would blow a substantial portion of our holiday budget.

Has this been cancelled recently as I'm sure my friend last used it just after Christmas and that's why they were advising us to do the same.

Not to worry, I guess we'll have to sort something out be it going into Alicante first and getting the bus from there or the train or alternatively changing buses at Benidorm

Timperley,Cheshire
7. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

Given that the bus will mean changing at Alicante or Benidorm before heading onto Calpe and that there is diruption on the rail service, we have decided to hire a car for the week.

Will post updates on return as to who we used and whether the plan worked out any better or worse.

It will give us greater freedom to do stuff outside of Calpe itself

Aalesund, Norway
8. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

An excellent decision to hire a car. So much to see if you want.

whitefield/mancheste...
reviews: 4
9. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

hi,just a thought but have you tried looking in the classified ads in the costa blanca news , there may just be somebody offering to do airport runs for a smaller fee than taxis, you can view this via Google

FELIXSTOWE...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Specific Bus from Alicante Airport to Calpe

there is no direct bus service from alicante airport to calpe. you get local bus into alicante bus station and go from there direct to calpe. the buses run quite regularly and clearly show on the front their destination. you need to purchase ticket from ticket office before you board.

done this journey loads of times and its comfortable and picturesque. hope this helps, have a great holiday, calpe is beautiful.

Get answers to your questions about Calpe
Recent Conversations