We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bracknell, United...
Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Hi there,

A group of girlies are off to Benidorm to celebrate a 40th birthday at the end of May. We are staying at Villa Del Mar in Pontiente but none of us have been before and wondered if anyone could recommend any good bars/clubs/nightlife for a group of 'young' 40 somethings please?! Also any suggestions for days out...if we manage them!!!

Many thanks in advance.

15 replies to this topic
Tees Valley
reviews: 88
1. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Welcome Sarah! I don't want to alarm you but I've just been reading the latest reviews from the Villa del Mar about their new strict rules about not allowing groups to stay (mainly stag and hens in large numbers). I'm not sure how many there are of you but please make sure you're not going to have problems like these when you arrive;

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187525-d1208…

Only 2 weeks ago a group of 7 ladies were refused and sent to the Cristal Park so please check!

Jules

Edited: 10:40 am, April 30, 2014
2. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Is also the wrong side of Old Town really, if you can move it may be advisable.

Bracknell, United...
3. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Thank you Peter - having just seen the recent reviews we may well move to a different hotel - any suggestions? Cant believe a hotel are happy to take peoples money and booking and not allow them to stay! Its absolutely awful :( We have had this booked for months and when we looked into itthen it seemed like a good option & was recommended by our travel agent. Oh dear!!! :(

Bracknell, United...
4. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Thanks so much Jules, have literally just read the recent reviews and sounds absolutely awful that they can turn people away after being happy to take their money and booking! :( Just sent message to our group organiser and will talk about our options more!! So sad :(

Liverpool
reviews: 9
5. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Hi sarah h

After reading your post, and the latest reviews, I agree with what Jules has said. I personally would get back on to the TA you booked with asap and find out what's going on. You still have time to change to different hotel. Tbh, I've read reviews in the past about this happening with families too, due to over booking! The problem seems to surface often! Hotel in a great location only 5 min from the old town, approx 20/30 min walk the new where all the entertainment is. Who did you book with?

If TAs know about these changes, they should be informing clients! If they don't, I think it's disgraceful when these hotels take bookings, change policy, but never send word to TAs they use advising of change of policy! Which is usually the case. Good Luck Sarah!

Margaurite

Edited: 11:07 am, April 30, 2014
Tees Valley
reviews: 88
6. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Sarah, if you are staying with the Magic Group, don't accept the 3 Star Cristal Park which is where they'll try to send you. It's too far out for the entertainment in the new town. They won't accept you in the Aqua Magic Rock because they also have a no groups policy I understand.

The best bet would be the Villa de Benidorm which is really central for entertainment in the new town (next door to Morgans Tavern which is Neptunes in the programme). Most Magic hotel rooms don't have balconies incidentally.

I agree this policy is shocking. I can understand huge stag and hen groups but they should advise them in advance and not just shuffle them off elsewhere. Plus the group of 7 ladies who were turfed out were there for a 60th birthday celebration! I bet they don't refuse large single sex Spanish pensioners who certainly can make a din!

Good luck!

Jules

Manchester
reviews: 2
7. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

You are definately booked in to a hotel at the wrong end of Benidorm from where all the nightlife you will want to visit is.

You need a hotel in the Levante part of town.

As for a place to go at night. You will no doubt end up in Cafe Benidorm which is on the "square".

Sinatra's also on the square is also good.

Bracknell, United...
8. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Thank you everyone, really appreciate your comments and advice, lets hope this is a successful trip in the end!! :)

Coatbridge...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

Hi I was one of the hen parties that was refused last week and I can assure you as a group you WONT get in and the crystal park is a nightmare find another hotel now they don't sympathise with you at the villa del mar your on the street without a second thought from them.

stirling, scotland
reviews: 15
10. Re: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..

If this happened to me under ANY circumstances I'd be kicking up and demanding compensation from the hotel on top of a refund! What a cheek! This has to be widely publicised so people will boycott that hotel. There are many nice hotels in the Levante area (everyone has different recommendations, lol) but, as others have said, you need to get on to your travel agent ASAP and don't just take their word for another hotel, check it out on here first.

Reply to: Recommendations for 40th birthday celebrations in Benidorm..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted