We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building work at the Nereo

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 15
Building work at the Nereo

Just got back from a stay at the Hotel Nereo but was so disappointed that we weren't advised by Jet2 holidays of the building works that were going on.

They are still refurbishing the 10th floor so we had to endure constant noise from 8 in the morning until 8 at night. At one point there was debris falling onto our balcony, and they had to cordon off part of the sun terrace as people were getting hit by it.

Our bathroom was flooded from above, although when we informed reception they were quick to come and clean up. Other guests were saying that the noise could be heard on all floors.

I would be interested if anyone knows if a tour operator has to inform of building works and if it is worth writing a complaint.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
reviews: 112
1. Re: Building work at the Nereo

That's a little worrying...........I'll be there myself in just under a couple of weeks and was led to believe by reception staff via email that all refurb work was finished

reviews: 4
2. Re: Building work at the Nereo

Miss chief we are also going soon, 15th, I thought the work was long finished, anyone have any idea when it's going on til?

Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 15
3. Re: Building work at the Nereo

they said at reception that they were about 3 weeks behind with the work, but bearing in mind that they were supposed to have finished at the end of March I think they are further behind than that.

UK
Destination Expert
4. Re: Building work at the Nereo

I emailed them again today and got an immediate response to say that the work is only on the 10th floor as you said previously but that it'll all be finished by the 1st June :)

Wales, United...
reviews: 41
5. Re: Building work at the Nereo

Nice new room for you to stay in, Miss Chief. Penthouse.

UK
Destination Expert
6. Re: Building work at the Nereo

Oohhh Jeny I'd love to think so :) Can't wait for our stay, there's 10 of us there for a special birthday celebration in a couple of weeks.

Wales, United...
reviews: 41
7. Re: Building work at the Nereo

Best ask for the top floor then. Lol

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

8. Re: Building work at the Nereo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm