We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Glasgow...
reviews: 3
Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

I'm travelling to Benidorm on 20th April for a few nights and flying from Glasgow with Thomas Cook.

I'm only taking hand luggage and they say that the allowance is only 5kg.

Anyone ever flown with them and know how strict they are on this limit?

The hand luggage itself is just over 2kg so that doesn't leave much for the contents.

I'm flying back with easyjet and they have a 10kg allowance so no worries there.

24 replies to this topic
Warrington, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

Normally fly out of Manchester and have never had our "small" rucksack weighed going out. We have coming back.

Scotland
reviews: 7
2. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

Is it worth the risk of the extra payment?

https://thomascook.zendesk.com/entries/22285…

Port Glasgow...
3. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

They only weigh at the check-in desks if I'm right, so if you check-in online then you would pass that. Would that be right?

Edinburgh
reviews: 4
4. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

We have been exactly the opposite Mike! Thomas Cook desk at Glasgow airport has always weighed the hand luggage and are very strict yet never had it weighed on our return!

inverness
reviews: 11
5. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

I was shocked the last time I flew with Thomas Cook when they weighed my very small rucksack which only contained items needed for the journey. Due to being on a Direct Holidays trip I had a 20kg hold allowance and no need to take heavy hand luggage. At the time I was flying out of Glasgow like Shezza above.

In reply to your question it would seem they are indeed pretty strict.

scotland
reviews: 117
6. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

Each person is allowed 1 item only. The size of the item cannot exceed 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm in size and 5kgs weight max

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 8
7. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

You will have to take a case they DO weight at the gate & 5 kgs is nothing at all don't think u manage with that last time I only took hand luggage I was struggle & that was with 10 kgs & I hardly took any clothes with me & I also bought my toiletries in Benidorm if u bag weighed 2 kgs empty u only got 3 to play with impossible I would say!!!

Port Glasgow...
8. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

Thanks for the replies.

It's probably not worth the risk of extra charges. Looks like I'll be purchasing hold luggage.

Wales, United...
reviews: 36
9. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

They weigh my hand luggage every time and are very strict. Their penalty for not sticking to rules is quite high. Much better to pay for an extra bag.

Hand Luggage: You could of course take one of those very flimsy lightweight zip bags instead of the heavy bag and wear and layer your heavy clothes.

Port Glasgow...
10. Re: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance

I'll just pay the £17 and be done with it. It's not the price of the hand luggage I'm bothered about, it's more the fact that it's less hassle when you don't have a bag in the hold. No hanging about waiting at the baggage collection etc.

Reply to: Fly Thomas Cook hand luggage allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm