We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 11
Wine

Im off to Benidorm and staying at the Riudor. I enjoy drinking Red and Rose wine.Was wondering if anyone can recommend any to drink.

Cumbria
reviews: 17
1. Re: Wine

my friend always buys Lerio (not sure if I have spelt that right) I don't drink the stuff but she swears by it, is also less than 2 euros a bottle!!!

Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 11
2. Re: Wine

Tried to google it nothing as you say i dont think the spelling is right.I will continue to search many thanks for your reply.

West Yorks
reviews: 34
3. Re: Wine

I think it could be Liria. Have had the white wine, it's quite cheap to buy at the Supermarkets. Think the full name is Castillo de Liria. They do a Red and Rose too.

Edited: 3:07 pm, February 11, 2013
Liverpool
reviews: 9
4. Re: Wine

Hi highspeed

If you put Red Wine in the search box at top of page, plenty of suggestions.

Margaurite

Germany
reviews: 16
5. Re: Wine

The best wine of the region is "Enrique Mendoza".

If you are interested in good wines visit his bodega in Alfaz de Pi near Benidorm http://www.bodegasmendoza.com/en/

Wales, United...
reviews: 36
6. Re: Wine

The house wine at the Riudor, Medplaya hotels is ok not bad, and reasonable in price. Think it's only about 6 or 7 euro per bottle.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
7. Re: Wine

Rioja or Ribera del Duero are always save bets. If you want kind of local wines check for Utiel-Requena.

Quality most of the time depends on price, but you can't go too wrong paying 5-7 euros per bottle. If you want cheap wine for mixing or sangria, there is a wide range of wine that comes in brick for 1 euro or so.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Wine

It's all about the Rioja for me. Most of Benidorms' supermarkets have a great range as do off licences.

You can pick up a Torres Reserva (Spain's biggest wine brand) for about a quarter of the price of the UK)

I recommend Marqués de Cáceres.

For a post dessert or a mid afternoon tinkle you could try a Moscatel (sweet wine) which is a local tipple. The Barrell on the Avda Med sells it directly from unsurprising...a barrell

Lancashire
reviews: 15
9. Re: Wine

Spain has some excellent wines for reasonable prices, ive even found some bottles for a euro or less in the supermarkets and they've been very nice indeed, certainly on a par with what you buy for a fiver in the uk. As mentioned Mendoza is a good local wine & there's quite a few from around Alicante/Valencia. Of the major producers, Torres, Faustino, Marques de Caceras, Marques de Riscal, Campo Viejo, El Coto are all readily available and are an enjoyable slurp! Hic!

If your partial to a very sweet sherry (Jerez) try Pedro Ximénez which the spanish often pour over Ice Cream, although i prefer a dry chilled fino myself.

Best Regards - Taggy

Edited: 3:24 pm, February 12, 2013
Huddersfield...
reviews: 67
10. Re: Wine

Hello,

I would advise trying Amigos Bar in the old town, they have the most amazing Rioja, I go on Thursday to Benidorm and cannot wait to have another bottle of their amazing Rioja. It is not expensive but is the finest Rioja I have ever had.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm