We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Fermin 2013

Which Pamplona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 17
San Fermin 2013

A group of 5 are traveling to see the Running in 2013. We arrive July 7 and would like to watch the run the next morning from a rented balcony and attend the bullfight that evening. For context, we are all late 30s/early 40s professionals so we're looking to drink and have fun but we're past the "frat party" stage too. Also, since we have limited time, we are comfortable paying a premium for a "guaranteed" balcony and bullfight tickets rather than wandering around and hoping to find a better deal at the last minute.

I've looked at several balcony rental companies online (PamplonaMan, Pamplona Balconies, etc...). Has anyone used one of these companies that they recommend to reserve a balcony and arrange for bullfight tickets? Also, any recommendations on balcony rental location? Seems like either somewhere along Estafeta or at/near the misnamed "Dead Man's Curve" are the best spots.

We are staying at the Hotel Maissonave for 3 nights (already booked) so I understand that is in a good location for getting to the balconies and bullring.

Thanks for any tips on this or other subjects for these first timers!

16 replies to this topic
1. Re: San Fermin 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:59 am, November 22, 2012

2. Re: San Fermin 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:03 am, March 03, 2013

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 28
3. Re: San Fermin 2013

I used Pamplona Man last year for a balcony the day before we ran and paid for my sister to go up there again the day of our run for her to take photos. It is his own home (Estefata) and he is very accomodating. He only lets enough people up there so everyone is assured a good view. Even offered us beverages out of his own fridge. He can also hook you up with tix for the bullfight if you wish.

Dearborn, Michigan
4. Re: San Fermin 2013

That site runningofthebullsbasics all looks correct to me. I dont see what the problem is

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
5. Re: San Fermin 2013

I've used both of the companies you mentioned and had positive experiences with both. In 2010 Pamplona Man set me up with a great balcony on La Curva (he has places other than his own apartment) and in 2011, one of my buddies was on his balcony and because I was late booking, the others went with Pamplona Balconies. Everyone was happy.

5 guys, first time at Fiesta: you guys will have a blast!

6. Re: San Fermin 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 7:00 pm, August 22, 2013

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
7. Re: San Fermin 2013

While it is true that 'most' people who participate in the running of the bulls do so without being hurt and it is definitely an 'experience unlike any other' it is irresponsible to suggest that the run can be done 'very safely'. You are in an enclosed area with six unpredictable 1200 lb fighting bulls that can seriously wound or kill you in the amount of time it takes them to dip their head, along with 2000 to 3000 mostly panicked runners stampeding up the route. It is very dangerous wherever you are and you are deluding yourself if you think you are safe.

Edited: 6:31 pm, November 18, 2012
New Palestine...
8. Re: San Fermin 2013

Have you done the run? It is possible to run the entire course before the bulls are even released. It takes about 3 minutes for the bulls to run the 825 meter course. Rockets are fired to announce the release of the bulls. Hundreds of runners have completed the course even before the bulls are released. It is true that there is a huge danger when the bulls are on the course but little danger if one starts near the bull ring and finishes before the bulls get there. The run is a unique experience no matter how one does the run .

9. Re: San Fermin 2013

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, May 16, 2013

10. Re: San Fermin 2013

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, May 16, 2013

Reply to: San Fermin 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted