We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

organising a stag to the bulls

Which Pamplona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
organising a stag to the bulls

I am trying to organise a stag party to see the running of the bulls for about 20 guys. I would like to keep costs down and the boys are happy to camp - is it worth going with one of the tours like 'fantatics' to make use of the shuttle buses and guides to tell you the best places to go or should we book into a separate campsite and use the local buses? I know there is a mark up with the tour but is it worth it for reducing the hassle with a big group?

Any recommendations on the best way to get from the Bilbao airport?

Thanks for your help!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
1. Re: organising a stag to the bulls

I recommend going with the Fantatics or the PP tour group. You'll fine it a lot easier with a group your size. All of the campgrounds require reservations and advance deposits.

There are no local buses serving any of the campsites, but there are bus stops out on the highway.

You can take the bus from the Bilbao airport, but you'll need to make your reservations well in advance, in both directions.

Scotland
2. Re: organising a stag to the bulls

Hi,

Yes you can go with PP or the Fanatics but you have to remember that these companies are really geared up more for the Aussie market. Another company you can try is pillow.co.uk

However the problem with these companies is that they prefer you to travel with them from London by bus so the deal you get from them is not that great just staying at the campsite. In addition it will be difficult keeping your group together. Staying in tents miles out of Pamplona may be ok, if you are a traveller but it is a pretty rough way to sample the fiesta. You end up going back to the campsite just as the party is warming up. Plus if you want to run with the bulls you have to get up at about 5.00 am staying in some of the campsites. Your best bet is to stay in the centre of town, you will get a far better trip although it is more expensive. The best way from Bilboa to Pamplona is to use hire cars.

3. Re: organising a stag to the bulls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 05, 2010