We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

Hello, I'm looking for info on where would be the best area to stay in for my boyfriend and myself. Somewhere that is pretty central so we can easily see the sights (although I know Madrid is pretty scattered) and somewhere that would have nice restaurants around? If anyone could recommend an area/hotel that would be great! Thanks!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
1. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

I would choose either Chueca, Malasaña or La Latina neighborhoods. I like better the first 2 (close to each other)

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 266
2. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

I agree with myscreen that those are great picks. Also check out the link on the left about barrios of Madrid for more info.

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 82
3. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

I am not in your age bracket - but when me and my husband visit Madrid we stay here

http://www.labanezana.es/

It Is on Calle de la Cruz right by Sol - and there are nightclubs and bars on the street.. (also 'ladies of the night').

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,419
4. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

Jenny:

You can also stay in the Plaza Santa Ana neighborhood. The Gran Via has many hotels and is also central.

Jefferson City...
reviews: 11
5. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

Our favorite neighborhood is Barrio de las Letra and we highly recommend Artistic B&B (tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187514-d228…) on Calle Lope de Vega. Great bars and cafes on every street and it's a nice, short stroll east to the Prado and Retiro Park or west toward Plaza Mayor and old Madrid. But really, no matter where you stay in central Madrid, it's very walkable.

Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

Thank you so much everyone! I'll have a look at them all! Because I've never been before I'm finding it quite hard to gauge how far away places are from each other! I think I would quite like to stay around where the art district is I think as we will be spending a good bit of time in the galleries! Thanks again everyone!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 16
7. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

The Plaza Santa Ana area is very near to the Major museums. Also public transport is very good in Madrid.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 266
8. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

In that case Plaza Santa Ana would be a very good call. It's very centrally located and only about 10 - 15 minutes walking to the major three museums.

9. Re: What area is best to stay in for a young couple? (23)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 25, 2014