We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid airport- changing flights

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Wien...
Madrid airport- changing flights

Hi, everybody :)

In 2 weeks i am traveling from Bulgaria (Sofia) to Lima (Peru) and i booked flight from Sofia to Madrid (arriving on Terminal 4s) of Bulgarian airlines and separately a flight of Iberia from Madrid to Lima (denaturing on Terminal 4s) . So basically after landing i need to collect my luggage, pass the passport control, find my way to the checking desk of Iberia, check in my luggage again, pass the passport control for second time and then go to the gate. I have 3 hours between the flights.

Please tell me if the time is enough, or is better travel only with hand luggage.

And is there any checking In desk of Iberia on Terminal 4s? or i should go to the Terminal 4 ?

Any information would be really helpful :)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,539
1. Re: Madrid airport- changing flights

Pilencety:

If both of your airlines belong to IATA, you can check in your luggage in Sofia and have it sent to Lima. Then you will not have to get your luggage in Madrid because after all you are just a passenger in transit.

No, there is no check in desk at T4S. You have to check in at T4.

Vienna, Wien...
2. Re: Madrid airport- changing flights

Hi, BennyMalaga. Thank you very much for the information.. I checked and i saw that the both companies are members of IATA, but i have no idea how to check in my luggage in Sofia and have it sent to Lima.. :( can you give me some information about this please, i travel a lot but mostly on short destinations :(

Thanks again

madrid
reviews: 6
3. Re: Madrid airport- changing flights

hi,

If u are flying with different Airlines i think you will have to collect the baggage after departure as the airline wont allow and in case of any mishap there would be problem which airline is responsible. So logical is u descend on the airport and pick up ur baggage and carry it to the Iberia counter with ur ticket and have it checked in. Now the problem is that T4 is one of the most confusing Terminals i have ever seen in my life. First u check in the airline counters then catch a train like Metro then another flight of lifts and escalators are there until u reach the halls. So am not sure whether u will be able to check in the baggage near to where u pick it up or will have to take the train to reach the counter and then come back to the halls. 3 hours are enough given that there is no delay. Even u can manage it in 2 hours.

Have a nice trip.

Ahtasham

www.yeahspain.com

4. Re: Madrid airport- changing flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2014