We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lost and found item at the Madrid airport

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
lost and found item at the Madrid airport

I have a lost and found item at the Madrid airport. They are not able to mail it to me in the United States. Any suggestions on mail services in Madrid that I could use to pick up the item and mail it to me? Any other suggestions on how to get it sent back to me? I would love any suggestions you may have!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 11
1. Re: lost and found item at the Madrid airport

My company uses FedEx for shipments to the US. They will pick your ítem anywhere in Madrid and send it to you. But depending on what is... it can cost more than buying a new one.

You can compare prices with other major courier services like DHL,etc

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
2. Re: lost and found item at the Madrid airport

Yes, courier services are expensive.

What is the item you left?

Canada
reviews: 8
3. Re: lost and found item at the Madrid airport

I have the same problem now. I have been informed that my item is found and can be picked up at the Barajas, Malaga Cargo Terminal as they cannot ship it to me in Canada! They can keep the item for one month! Is their any courier company that can pick up the item and ship it to me?

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 18
4. Re: lost and found item at the Madrid airport

These international FedEx and UPS are not cheap. I regularly mail items to friends in Spain...and when I called FedEx or UPS for a quote on something I usually send by USPS for maybe $20-25, the quote was for over $100...that is not even considering courier service. It better be something very special.

Edited: 9:00 pm, October 16, 2013
Canada
reviews: 8
5. Re: lost and found item at the Madrid airport

Holakjs, thank you very much for the quick reply. I have sent inquiry to couple courier companies and I am waiting for their replies/quotes. Item is at Madrid cargo terminal (not Malaga) and since it's not something very special, I might leave it there if the the quote is high! I am just surprised that they do not ship anything and they say that they are going to keep the item for one month! We all would pay for the shipment and service on receipt or give them our credit card to charge.... I am really wondering why they ship all lost items to Madrid?

Thank you again

6. Re: lost and found item at the Madrid airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 18, 2014