We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Ticket

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
reviews: 10
Train Ticket

Hello TA friends:

I was on the Renfe site today and am wondering if 68 Euro is a good price for the train from Madrid to Grananda? Is this the low internet price?

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Train Ticket

There is also the bus www.alsa.es

Regina, Canada
2. Re: Train Ticket

OMG, I can't believe it, after all the horror stories I read about the Renfe site, I just purchased a ticket for 27 Euro's from Madrid to Granada and it only took me 5 minutes. There was no problem booking at all. I hope I didn't accidnetly go on a bogus site or something like that.

Regina, Canada
3. Re: Train Ticket

OK, so now the web page states the transaction didn't go through, but I do have a ticket which I have printed and an email that says that my purchase has been successful.

I am worried that I will arrive the ticket won't be valid.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
4. Re: Train Ticket

Taradog:

If you have the ticket, it must have gone through and you have nothing to worry about. Call your credit card company and find out if you were charged for the purchase.

Edited: 2:38 am, January 14, 2013
Madrid, Spain
reviews: 9
5. Re: Train Ticket

Benny's advice is the same as I would advise.

I would also print off the e-mail which states the truncation was successful and keep it with your ticket when travelling. Hopefully your credit card provider will confirm that all is as it should be.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 18
6. Re: Train Ticket

Too funny. Too easy...but then there is a wrinkle. Of course. Take it from me I would trust Benny, the Renfe guru, and Flora...and I, who has had a few rounds with RENFE, but never as easy as you!

BTW, my own personal take is that fact you were using the Website when most of the Western hemisphere was asleep but Spanish RENFE was awake

may have something to do with your success....or just good karma.☺

Regina, Canada
7. Re: Train Ticket

Yes, I had a good laugh when it all went through. I think it does have something to do with booking it at 2:00 am MST and using VISA verisign.

8. Re: Train Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 16, 2014