We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
reviews: 1
Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

The Palacio de Cibeles is showing a selection of over 150 works from the House of Alba collection. This exceptional catalog includes, among other gems, paintings by Goya, Titian and Rubens; manuscripts by Christopher Columbus and a first edition of 'Don Quixote'.

From 1 December 2012 to 31 March 2013.

www.esmadrid.com/en/cargarBuscadorAgenda.do…

London, United...
reviews: 189
1. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

An article about the exhibition running from tomorrow until 31st March 2013

nytimes.com/2012/…

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 19
2. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

News of this exhibition was posted and commented on November 26 in this forum. Why is another thread started now? Why not contribute to the recent original posting and keep the thread going?

London, United...
reviews: 189
3. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

Dear Mr Holakjs - I assume that you are aiming your message at my above posting. The original start of this thread dates from 16th September by Revulgo. Does it really matter ? Happy days.

London, United...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

Revulgo's IS the original post, pre-dating the 26 November one by more than two months!

Edited: 10:41 am, November 30, 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
5. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

My apologies to the two former posters. It shows when I take a vacation and miss reading all the posts. Truly sorry! And have a happy.... I agree.

Madrid, Spain
6. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

The thing is the exhibition, a highlight IMO, as said

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k5773…

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
7. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

Hey, Revulgo, I even commented on the original post. Think I will go back in my cave.☺

Madrid, Spain
8. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

LOL

There are many great exhibitions in Madrid to remember them all a few months beforehand.

New York
reviews: 28
9. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

I went this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend paying an extra euro and purchsing the ticket online and printing it before you go so you don't have to wait in line to buy it when you get there.

I arrived a little while after it opened and there wasn't really a line however when I left there was a long line.

I leave for NY (home) tomorrow so I was really fortunate to be here for the exhibit.

10. Re: Upcoming exhibition: House of Alba's private collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013