We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds UK
reviews: 22
Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Hi everyone,

I have booked to take my husband to Madrid for his 30th (he doesn't know anything about it) We will be there from the 22nd to the 25th and his birthday is the 23rd. He is a huge football fan so I will be taking him to do the tour of the Bernabeu but I have also been waiting for the La Liga fixtures to come out, which they did today, and unfortunately Real Madrid are away but Atletico Madrid are playing on that day. Please can someone help me find the correct sites and an easy way to get tickets (I'm also interested in VIP seating if not too crazy a price) Also, is the Atletico stadium a lot further out of the city? We are staying at the Regina. I thought it seemed the most resonably priced and central. Thank you in advance for your help x

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
reviews: 35
1. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

The official website is

www.clubatleticodemadrid.com/index_EN.php

There aren't any prices posted yet but you might get a reply if you email them for advice and VIP ticket information at

abonadosvip@clubatleticodemadrid.com

Tickets are also sold through ticketmaster.es/nav/en/deportes/index.html

Edited: 12:19 pm, July 10, 2012
Madrid, Spain
reviews: 1
2. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Also, you can visit the museum of the Spanish Football Team at Las Rozas (outskirts of Madrid). Bus line 628 or 629 from Intercambiador de Moncloa (underground transportation interchange, Metro Moncloa).

esmadrid.com/en/museum-spanish-football-team

Leeds UK
3. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Thank you, I've had a look but I don't think the tickets are on sale yet. Will have to keep checking back.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 19
4. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

I think the tour of the Stadium is a super idea. I, by chance, accompanied a 20-something couple, when the husband was celebrating his 26th birthday. They were from Cordoba and have never been to Madrid or the stadium. I will never forget when they arrived at the pitch/field, he burst into tears. It was that special for him.

You will have a great time...great idea for a Real fan.

Reading
reviews: 6
5. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Hi Jefkat

Im hoping to do the same for my other half in Oct 2012. Do you have any advice on staying near the Bernabeu? I have been trying to do research into places to stay which are close to stadium and also near some of the other tourist attractions.

Also I would be very interested to hear how you get on with purchasing football tickets.

Thanks in advance.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
6. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

As for staying near Bernabeu, I don't recommend it. It's a business district full of offices and nothing really exciting (think Canary Warf in London). I would stay closer to central Madrid, Plaza de Santa Ana/Barrio de las Letras district, and then take a metro or a cab to Bernabeu for the day of the match.

Reading
7. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Thank you myscreen123...great advice. I wasnt sure if taking public transport would be ok from central madrid to the stadium. Im pretty clueless at the moment about Madrid and how far away things are.

Leeds UK
8. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Hi Sally,

We are staying at the Regina which is central as we will want to be close to bars and restaurants for the evenings. We will get a taxi to the Bernabeu.

I've been looking at the fixtures for a couple of days now and the match that was planned for Real Madrid on the 23rd has now moved to the 30th which we can't do. There is an Atletico match on the 23rd so what I'm planning to do is take him for the tour of the Bernabeu in the day, then I'll take him to the Atletico match later in the evening and that way he gets to see two stadiums.

How does that sound to those of you who know Madrid? Is the distance to Atletico's stadium far?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
9. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

From Hotel Regina to Vicente Calderon (Atletico stadium) you may take metro line 5 in Gran Via and stop at Piramides. Then walk about 10 minutes. Or you may want to take a walk (bring a map!) From your hotel it could be around 45 mins to the stadium.

Notice that close to the Vicente Calderon and to metro station Piramides there is a new lineal park that follows the river called Madrid Rio. I was walking the other day in that area and it's pretty cool for a picnic.

Reading
10. Re: Surprise 30th birthday present - help with football tickets

Hi Jefkat

Oh my...I didnt realise football match dates could move! Jeez....I really am clueless about football and Madrid. Im only going for a long weekend so my dates are not really flexible.

Thanks for the heads up on the hotel, I will look at that.

What website have you been looking at to purchase the tickets?