We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 11
MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Has anyone had any experience with this tour?

What other Tapa's / historical walking tours do you suggest?

Thanks

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
1. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

For a great tapa's tour, you can check out Walks of Spain (www.walksofspain.com/).

For a historical walking tour, the best in the city, then check out: Madrid Museum Tours (www.madridmuseumtours.com).

california
reviews: 71
2. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Hi Golden eye!

I have not heard of this tour you mention, but I did do the "Walks of Spain" tour with andres... you can find reviews of his tour on tripadvisor. Its a wine (and amazing wine at that!) and tapas with some history... I had the best time, the best food and the best wine... the tour was amazing!

although you do get some nice bits of interesting history, its really more of a wine & tapas tour...

If interested in both tapas/wine & historic... I think it will be hard to find 1 tour that really can deliver an amazing tour in both aspects... so, in that case, I would do 2 separate tours (1 tour for tapas, and 1 tour for history)...

Yesi :)

Robert!! you beat me to it!!

i just came back, and i did the Walks of Spain tour... it was all and more than I'd hope for... it was amazing!! I hightly recomended!

Edited: 12:21 pm, September 20, 2011
New York, NY
reviews: 38
3. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Yesi, I"m curious, I have been considering taking the walk of Spain tour, but have hesitated mostly because I really don't enjoy bar scenes at all, but I don't want to miss the tapas experience. Can you tell me a bit about the ambiance? How much does Andres guide you through the process?

Thanks!

california
reviews: 71
4. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Hello ntjvy!!

What type of bars are you talking about? ... Tapas bars are not bars in the sense of "bar scene"... Tapas bars are basically little places that everyone is allowed to go and you order beer or vermouth and tapas at the bar and usually eaten standing up or some have few tables... Very casual and a nice experience.

Andres 1st asks if anyone has any questions and if they are interested in anything in particular...

1st we go to a tapas bar and we had the best (really the best olives) and a very nice vermouth... And mingle with the others in the group (the group, at least mine was a very well dressed group with great interest in food and wine and made great conversation) even a lady that never liked olives before, loved these olives! I had tried vermouth somewhere else, but the vermouth I had with andres was way better.

Then you continue on to 2 or 3 other places, and andres has meticulously picked out very good wines (we were all taking pictures of the labels to try and find them back home!) :)

After a few stops, you end the evening at a very nice restaurant with amazing food (tapas style)

Tour started at 8pm and I left at about midnight.

All the wines (some even 11yr old) and tapas included

He includes a small amount of history and asks people if they are interested (which is very nice of him) some groups may want some history others, like ours just a little history) we were there for the food and wine

You will not be disappointed! I'm a tough critic when it comes to wine and good food and tours... I don't like to waste my time...

Andres was very worth the 59 euros and I think he can charge a lot more and it would still be worth it!

You'll love it!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Oh, and we had the best iberico de bellota ham! Very hard to find even in Spain it was the best iberico I've tried!

New York, NY
reviews: 38
5. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Thanks so much for all the info!

It does put my mind at ease a bit.

I have one more question for you, and that is, if I'm not a huge wine fan, is it still worth the tour, or is there such a strong focus on wine that I'd have to have a fair interest/taste in it to enjoy it.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
6. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Just tell Andres what you are looking for...

London, United...
reviews: 10
7. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

Yesilovestravel you are making my mouth water. 59 euros is an incredible price if it includes the drinks and tapas and iberico de bellota!

Next time....

New York City
reviews: 8
8. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

That very positive review from Yesilovestravel of her Walks of Spain tour has outdone the Andres apperance on Travel Channel's Andrew Zimmern's show.

Edited: 1:43 pm, September 21, 2011
9. Re: MADRID TAPAS TOUR Stephen Drake-Jones, Wellington Society?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 23, 2012