We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP in Madrid

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jacksonville
reviews: 5
HELP in Madrid

Help My daughter has a Sony Cybershot Camera and the battery is not good. She needs a np-bg1 compatible (cybershot DSCW80)

I can order one online and mail it to her but I do not know the name of a store in Madrid that sells Camera batteries. If I mail overnight from the US it costs more than a new camera!!!!

If she needs to buy a new camera, where is the best place to go?

HELP

madrid
reviews: 22
1. Re: HELP in Madrid

For battery replacements (originals or Hama) or new cameras

El Corte Ingles, several stores in madrid, biggers are Castellana (at Nuevos Ministerios) and Sol (with several buildings, there is one for electronics)

Fnac (at Callao), but i'm not sure if they have a good offer of batteries

Media Markt, they have a a grat variety, mostly of those hama batteries which are compatible. Cons: there isn't any store in the center of madrid

http://www.mediamarkt.es/entrada/

Villaverde store is near metro Villaverde Bajo cruce (L3)

Alcorcon store is near Parque Oeste metro (L12) (there is also a Pccity, Worten and Alcampo stores whre she could find the battery)

Edited: 2:44 am, July 02, 2010
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
2. Re: HELP in Madrid

El Corte Ingles is good at helping people with their cameras.

There are two other locations, at Calle Serrano and Calle Goya.

Barcelona, Spain
3. Re: HELP in Madrid

there are a few 'fotoprix' shops around the city, you can serch locations here

www.fotoprix.com/en/index.php…

they usually have batteries for most cameras, original or compatible

i do agree with el corte ingles or fnac are options too

or basically any photography shop they may find walking around... they just need to show the 'dead' battery at any shop (they do not need to speak any spanish to do this!)

4. Re: HELP in Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 30, 2010