We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 36
Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

Hi All,

We will be in Madrid just 4 weeks time. We will like to take the train from airport into the city.

In gomadrid.com/transport/airport_options.html say that we need airport supplementary tickets; but madrid-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/madrid-a… doesn't say anything about it.

Does airport supplementary ticket still need or not? If we go back to the airport, where we can get the airport supplementary ticket?

Many thanks ;_0

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
1. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

The only airport supplement is for the taxi, you pay a small supplement when you take the taxi to or from the airport. There is no supplement on the bus or metro.

Have you read Maribel's Guide to Madrid?

www.maribelsguides.com

Melbourne
2. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

Thanks,

Just read the Maribel's guide again and it does say 1 Euro airport supplementary ticket.

madrid
reviews: 22
3. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

Yes there is 1euro extra for metro tickets from or to the airport stations.

When you buy the ticket at the airport you get the single ticket with extra euro included (cost 2euros) or a 10 travel tickect and pay the extra euro for that ride.

In the rest of the network you may buy the ticket for the airport stations with the extra euro included or buy a single ride ticket or use a 10 travel ticket and once you arrive the exit of the airport station buy that extra in the ticket machines placed for that purpose just before the exit.

Barcelona, Spain
4. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

yes you pay the extra euro at the machines just before leaving the metro at the airport, it's easy and there are many machines, have 1 euro coin ready (or you can pay it by credit card)

the madrid-tourist-guide.com seem not to be up to date

Melbourne
5. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

Very clear.

Thanks all once again :-)

Seattle, Washington
6. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

I guess you could call the additional one euro a "supplement", but it is actually the cost of the ticket to and from T-4. If you are leaving from or returning to T-1, then you do not have to pay the additional one euro "supplement".

Barcelona, Spain
7. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

it is actually a 'supplement' as it is an extra charge you now have to pay, 1 extra euro from/to *all* terminals, not only t4

metromadrid.es/en/…contenido07.html

Seattle, Washington
8. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

To all terminals? Really? When did that happen?

Seattle, Washington
9. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

I just checked and you're correct. I guess I don't take the metro often enough. Taxis are much easier and quicker, especially when I'm packing too much luggage.

Barcelona, Spain
10. Re: Madrid airport supplementary ticket or not?

but when you travel for 1-2 days with handluggage, and staying next to metro station... metro is difficult to beat. for me it works as faster than taxis and even paying 1€ more is definitely cheaper! :)

the '+1 euro' was initially only for the new terminal t-4. after many complaints about it was not fair, because it was a plus only for people using a certain terminal from the same airport... figure what: instead of removing the +1€ for t-4, metromadrid decided to include the +1€ supplement to exit the t-1-2-3 terminals too! this way, in all fairness, all passengers to the airport are paying the same and they are equally unhappy