We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable with kids?

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
reviews: 42
Suitable with kids?

Going to Benalmadena in Oct and hoping to go on a day trip to Gibraltor with our 2 infants. First of all, is a day trip doable from Benalmadena? And approx how far is it? Secondly, is it suitable for infants, I.e. buggy friendly, etc?

Any suggestions and advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Sinead

3 replies to this topic
Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
reviews: 8
1. Re: Suitable with kids?

The bus journey should take around 1.5 - 2 hours, depending on where it stops.

Having recently returned from Benalmadena, I can tell you that it is much cheaper to book your trip to Gibraltar at one of the many agencies you will come across on the promenade. The local bus, for example, costs 11 euros each way, whereas with an organised trip, the price I saw was 13 euros return.

Gibraltar is perfectly suitable for children; it is well serviced by buses and the cable car will take you straight to the top of the rock

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 42
2. Re: Suitable with kids?

Thanks for your reply. Where would you recommend staying in Benalmadena? Central location and nice apartments?

Gibraltar
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
reviews: 8
3. Re: Suitable with kids?

I stayed at the Benalmadena Principe which is well located for the beach, shops and restaurants.

pv-holidays.com/gb-en/self-catering-benalmad…

I would thoroughly recommend it, and will be leaving my 5 star review for it later today,

Reply to: Suitable with kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted