We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Gibraltar

Which Gibraltar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield
reviews: 1
Wedding in Gibraltar

Hi we are planning on getting married in Gibraltar and was debating whether to use an agent or to book it directly. I'm looking for a florist, photographer and venue for a nice meal and transport from the registry office to the restaurant.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pam

20 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
reviews: 34
1. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

Most people sort out their own weddings, have a look through previous posts to get ideas. Type in 'weddings' in the search space above your post

San Diego
2. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

Hello,

We are getting married in Gibraltar on May 3, 2013. We have hired Monica Coumbe from Hour Weddings to handle everything for us. We are from San Diego, Ca. USA and wanted someone there to ensure our paperwork was taken care of and to handle all of the other things that we didn't want to deal with.

I was a wedding planner myself here in San Diego, and I just wanted to enjoy myself in Gibraltar. So, we hired a professional. I will post again later to tell you how it all turned out. But, so far, the whole thing has been a breeze with Monica!

Best of luck to you! :)

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

Could you please advise me whether/how you're producing a certificate of no impediment to the registrar. Or is it waived through signing an affadavit the day before?

San Diego
4. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

My fiance and I were both previously married. We sent in documents of our divorce and they were accespted as proof. We aren't sure if they will require us to also sign an affidavit, but we are prepared to do so just in case.

We'll be married on May 3rd, and back in the states on May 15th. I can post my experience about it afterwards.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

Thanks bball prncess.

Looking forward to reading about your experience.

I'm trying to circumvent any surprises - running around trying to find a Notary, witnesses, traffic and parking issues. etc.

All the best for your big day ahead.

New York City, New...
6. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

BBallP..

Are you back in the US? How did things go?

7. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, December 24, 2013

8. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, November 11, 2013
Edited: 5:33 am, November 11, 2013

Cordoba, Spain
9. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

We have hired Monica from Hour Weddings to organise our wedding and my goodness I am glad we did. We have had some major changes in our life due to serious illness and our wedding plans have changed dramatically numerous times in the last 2 months. Monica has not hesitated, with each problem she has found the solution. Our day is on 1st August and despite all the stress I am confident my day will be the dream all brides wish for. I do not hesitate and in fact would urge you to book Monica to help you arrange your day. I will post further after our day to let you know just how wonderful this lady is.

Worksop, United...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Wedding in Gibraltar

We have enlisted the help of Monica too :) booked for July 2015. She has been marvellous xxxx

Reply to: Wedding in Gibraltar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gibraltar