We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logrono to Burgos (and maybe beyond) - Rain?

Which Santiago de Compostela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg
reviews: 13
Logrono to Burgos (and maybe beyond) - Rain?

For various reasons we, as first time walkers, have decided to walk this stretch of the Camino. The biggest worry I have is the weather at the end of April. Can we be assured of rain and mud for the whole week? Secondly, would those in the know recommend a good poncho or rain jacket? Thirdly, the shoes...should they be waterproof if it's wet and muddy? Does "waterproof" really mean that the shoes will stay dry over the distance?

Thanks.

NJ
reviews: 34
11. Re: Logrono to Burgos (and maybe beyond) - Rain?

Cenem,

I strongly suggest you visit the following message board for expert advice:

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/

I'm excited for you, planning is part of the joy of this trip. I did O'Cebreiro to Santiago last year and its an experience that will always live in my memory! I'm now planning to do St Jean Pied de Port to Logroño hopefully in 2014.

¡Buen Camino!

Johannesburg
reviews: 13
12. Re: Logrono to Burgos (and maybe beyond) - Rain?

Thanks, katarob, I will definitely have a look at it!

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
reviews: 9
13. Re: Logrono to Burgos (and maybe beyond) - Rain?

Thank you for posting an apology. I find weather questions are impossible to answer.

I also get a lot of questions about any of the Camino routes hence why I have added under the Top questions about Santiago de Compostela a posting entitled How to approach the Camino de Santiago.

I gave you the information in my first reply. This gives information on the forum katarob just suggested plus information from our Canadian TA friend banff.

14. Re: Logrono to Burgos (and maybe beyond) - Rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 27, 2014