We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

Which Ceuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 51
Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

We are travelling with our family (a total of 4 adults, 4 kids) in the south of Spain this summer and wondered about a day trip to either Ceuta or Tangiers? Any strong recommendation either way? Our goal is to step onto the continent of Africa and ideally see a bit of a different culture. Is Ceuta a decent option or must one go to Tangiers for a real experience? We are thinking day trip only (ferry from Spain).

PS...how crazy hot will July weather be?

London, United...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

You could go to a travel agent in Gibraltar and book a trip taking in both Ceuta and Tangier, leaving from the Algeceiras ferry terminal early morning (£48 pp). Ceuta isn't a very interesting place, however a journey along the coast to Tangier is quite enjoyable and there is more to see in Tangier.

Northampton, MA
reviews: 31
2. Re: Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

Ceuta and Tangiers are pretty awful places. If you absolutely must go, Tangiers is a lot more interesting. There is no reason to go to Ceuta unless you want to get a cab to Chefchaouen or Fez. You will probably be so happy to get back to Spain, you'll want to kiss the ground.

Northampton, MA
reviews: 31
3. Re: Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

I forgot to mention July in Spain is almost unbearably hot, 100 degrees or more. I don't mean to be negative. If you can deal with the heat you will have a great trip (with the exception of Morocco). Most everything closes in Spain from 1 to 5 and people stay inside. Make sure your hotel has AC. If I was going to Spain in July I would go to the North coast.

South Australia
reviews: 12
4. Re: Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

Tangier ferry from Tarifa www.frs.es

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

There is really no point going to Ceuta to experience a different culture......go to Morocco for that. You can easily get to the moroccan border in Ceuta and take a taxi to Tetuan and also stop off in MDiq en route. Alternatively take the ferry to Tangier its an interesting place too....

6. Re: Ceuta or Tangiers? Which would you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, February 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ceuta