We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newbridge, Ireland
reviews: 10
Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

We are getting married in Sitges in late July this year and we want to have pre-wedding drinks for all the guests the night before in an atmospheric and cool bar on the water-front. There will be around 70 people there so it must be able to accomodate this number! I would be so appreciative if any of you well-traveled peeps could help us out!! Have tried the Hotel Platjador with the rooftop bar but they only open the terrace to guests of the hotel, which is understandable I suppose. Any help would go a long way....thank you :)

13 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
reviews: 2
1. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

There's the Voramar at the far end of San Sebastian bay. It has great views back towards town and the sea. Also, there's the bar at the Sailing Club - entrance along the sea wall at the foot of the parish church. Again, great views across the beach / sea. You can't get nearer to the sea as the bar actually extends into the sea itself!

United Kingdom
2. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

p.s. I was actually thinking of El Vivero rather than the Voramar! It's a bit further on on the right hands side right next to the sea.

It's a restaurant but would perhaps welcome such numbers for drinks! It certainly looks as though it has the room (but never been...)

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight
reviews: 161
3. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

There's a roof top bar at the Avenida Sofia Hotel, I was hoping to have a look last year but never got there. Maybe someone else here has tried it.

Newbridge, Ireland
reviews: 10
4. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

Thanks so much! Have contacted all of the above so fingers crossed one of them will suit! If you think of anymore please pop them down...thanks again x

Manchester, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

I'm afraid I don't have any more suggestions to offer, as I WAS going to say that the view from the Platjador was amazing, until I remembered it was hotel guests only!

But I DID want to say that I hope you find somewhere and that you come back and let us know how it went. Have a fantastic wedding day......you chose a beautiful place for it! Congratulations :)

United Kingdom
6. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

I'm with Smilinglady with the congratulations! Just to let people know (and so as not to miss the opportunity of a great view!) it may be 'policy' to restrict the bar at the Platjador to residents, but it is possible (discreetly!) for non-residents to gain access via the hotel lift. We've never had any problem when there's been just 3 or 4 of us. A party of 70 might be a different matter!

Have a great wedding!

camberley
reviews: 15
7. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

Agree with SL that El Vivero would be a lovely place for pre-wedding drinks. I heard when we were in Sitges last year that a plush new roof top bar had opened up to the west of the Platjador, nearer to Picnic, but we never looked for it. Maybe it's the one Rawtalent mentioned I'm not sure but maybe worth looking into so you have more options. Does anybody know where I mean?

United Kingdom
8. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

I think it must be Avenida Sofia. In Sitges next week so will check it out.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight
reviews: 161
9. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

I believe the roof bar at Avenida Sofia only opened last year

camberley
reviews: 15
10. Re: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?

Hi Rawtalent. Yes, you're right. Set back a little from the beach by the looks of it but maybe high enough for the sea view requested. Some superb pictures in this link:-

http://hotelavenidasofia.com/sky-bar/?lang=en

Edited: 3:13 pm, April 30, 2014
Reply to: Sea-view Bar For Pre-Wedding Drinks Sitges?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted