We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sitges safe

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 12
Is Sitges safe

We are staying at the new avenida Sofia hotel . Is this a safe area ? And is Sitges generally a safe resort ?

13 replies to this topic
uk
reviews: 72
1. Re: Is Sitges safe

don't know about the hotel, but sitges is as safe as any other place you could travel to. Ive travelled there a couple of times and it seems fine. I know folk who go there and ive never heard them say its not safe.

But lets be honest how do you define safe?

Its not full of louts if that's what youre thinking.

United Kingdom
reviews: 25
2. Re: Is Sitges safe

I'm not sure about your hotel........I Googled it and it seems to be set back a few blocks from the beach and sea front.

We stayed in Sitges last year and are going back this year. We felt very safe and saw and heard about nothing untoward during our stay. I guess as with anywhere, you will hear bad things about a place, but we are certainly not worried about going back, we are really looking forward to it!! :)

uk
3. Re: Is Sitges safe

Many thanks

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Is Sitges safe

We just returned from Sitges where we stayed next to the beach. The Police presence is unbelievable, apparently because drug dealers and pick pockets were an issue in the past. I never felt unsafe and we ventured to clubs, after hour discos and went for late night/early morning swims. As with anywhere, use common sense and trust your instincts. The streets are still abuzz with people and children until 1am. I've travelled though Europe many times and probably felt safest in Sitges. Have a great time! The people are as lovely as the city!

United Kingdom
reviews: 2
5. Re: Is Sitges safe

Your hotel is in one the most upmarket areas of Sitges, and only yards from the beach.

We have an apartment in Sitges (for 10 years now) and I have just returned home today. Sitges is as safe as anywhere else - and more beautiful than most!

uk
6. Re: Is Sitges safe

Thank u guys !

Ontario
reviews: 13
7. Re: Is Sitges safe

Hello from Canada..

Best place to rent a B&B in Sitges?

we are a family of 5..

two adults, three children..

suggestions?

around the 1st of Aug..one week..

Thanx in advance.. Mark

United Kingdom
reviews: 2
8. Re: Is Sitges safe

Why not go for an apartment. I can't suggest any agents as this site will delete my post as advertising! But just Google 'apartments in Sitges' and you'll get suggestions. You could send me a message if you want my personal suggestions.

South Australia
9. Re: Is Sitges safe

Vacations rentals www.venere.com www.vrbo.com www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.sitagestur.cat

Portsmouth, United...
10. Re: Is Sitges safe

I have been to Sitges about 15 times. Always felt safe. Never seen a crime. Lovely town with beautiful VILLAS and restored buildings on the sea front, NO tower blocks! Not over developed like other Spanish resorts. Lovely local people, I have made friends. Lots of great restaurants. Many people from

Barcelona have weekend apartments, so busiest Friday to Sunday nights. Lots of beaches, always space. Lots of clubs - both for straight and gay. No "English breakfast" or people watching UK football on big screens! There are pick pockets on Barcelona's trains, so take care. Just take sensible precautions with valuables, as you should anywhere.

Reply to: Is Sitges safe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sitges
Recent Conversations