We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitges for a straight couple?

Which Sitges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rossendale, United...
reviews: 35
Sitges for a straight couple?

We're a straight couple, early 40s. Love the look of Sitges as we love great food, nightlife with a great buzz but not hardcore and not the Brits abroad type thing. Having read about the nightlife on here it talks mostly about the gay scene which sounds great but obviously not for us, would we be out of place? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 11
1. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

Sitges welcomes everyone. Many "straight" people, families, singles... live there or spend their holidays in Sitges.

But if you're concerned, you may consider next town to Sitges, Vilanova i la Geltrú.

Rossendale, United...
2. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

Thank you so much for your response. It sounds a fabulous fun place and i really look forward to going there in May.

Liverpool
reviews: 76
3. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

It's as gay as you want it to be. I'm gay but don't go for that, actually tend to avoid the whole scene.

It's a great place, and is not as "gay" as people sometimes suggest.

As long as the site of gay people do not bother you, then y ou will have a fab time.

uk
reviews: 72
4. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

its a mixed crowd at sitges. I like it because it has a friendly atmosphere. Gay, straight, everyones there.

United Kingdom
reviews: 2
5. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

And don't forget that the majority of people who actually live here are straight! Like all our neighbours with whom we get on extremely well. Sitges is a great bplace for everyone.

Rossendale, United...
6. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

Many thanks to you all. It's a definite.goer. I've decided on September and I can't wait. Cheers eveyone

United Kingdom
7. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

And don't forget to get out and about: there are great places to see in the region - Barcelona, of course, by direct train from Sitges; also Montserra and Tarragona - both great places to visit if you want a break from the beach.

United Kingdom
8. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

That should - of course - read Montserrat!

United Kingdom
9. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

p.s. And if you're in Sitges over 22nd / 23rd September you'll be there for Santa Tecla: fireworks from the parish church on the evening of 22nd beginning at 11pm, then all the processions and dances through the streets on 23rd. Great fun!

Rossendale, United...
10. Re: Sitges for a straight couple?

Sounds fab!! Really can't wait now. Thank you so much for the extra information,